#Festive500

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
eileithyia
Posts: 8118
Joined: 31 Jan 2007, 6:46pm
Location: Horwich Which is Lancs :-)

Re: #Festive500

Postby eileithyia » 8 Mar 2019, 8:39am

S2L wrote:I thought the email was the prelude to a swift delivery, but after nearly 2 weeks I haven't received anything yet :(


Likewise...
I stand and rejoice everytime I see a woman ride by on a wheel the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood. HG Wells

eileithyia
Posts: 8118
Joined: 31 Jan 2007, 6:46pm
Location: Horwich Which is Lancs :-)

Re: #Festive500

Postby eileithyia » 8 Mar 2019, 4:26pm

It's arrived!
I stand and rejoice everytime I see a woman ride by on a wheel the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood. HG Wells

S2L
Posts: 56
Joined: 20 Feb 2019, 4:47pm

Re: #Festive500

Postby S2L » 9 Mar 2019, 10:09am

eileithyia wrote:It's arrived!


Arrived here too... so tiny... :lol:

PH
Posts: 9802
Joined: 21 Jan 2007, 12:31am
Location: Derby
Contact:

Re: #Festive500

Postby PH » 9 Mar 2019, 11:20am

Mine too, despite no email...
A bit smaller than previous years and also without any other stuff, in the past there's been beer mat, postcard, booklet, presentation envelope, poem...
I put it down to the cost rising with the popularity, I can see it becoming a virtual badge before long, I like the physical one, not really sure why as I don't do anything with it other than stick it in the draw with the others.

S2L
Posts: 56
Joined: 20 Feb 2019, 4:47pm

Re: #Festive500

Postby S2L » 9 Mar 2019, 4:09pm

PH wrote: I like the physical one, not really sure why as I don't do anything with it other than stick it in the draw with the others.


virtual achievements are not very satisfactory...It's the same reason an olympian likes a physical medal...just on a parochial scale

eileithyia
Posts: 8118
Joined: 31 Jan 2007, 6:46pm
Location: Horwich Which is Lancs :-)

Re: #Festive500

Postby eileithyia » 9 Mar 2019, 7:24pm

PH wrote:Mine too, despite no email...
A bit smaller than previous years and also without any other stuff, in the past there's been beer mat, postcard, booklet, presentation envelope, poem...
I put it down to the cost rising with the popularity, I can see it becoming a virtual badge before long, I like the physical one, not really sure why as I don't do anything with it other than stick it in the draw with the others.


I have never had any of those extras... only the badge, extras have been paid for, 2 years ago the whole family completed it so we treated ourselves to the cycling tops.. I liked that design, deep midnight blue with a star design. Did not bother last year but this year treated myself to the T-shirt.
I stand and rejoice everytime I see a woman ride by on a wheel the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood. HG Wells

PH
Posts: 9802
Joined: 21 Jan 2007, 12:31am
Location: Derby
Contact:

Re: #Festive500

Postby PH » 9 Mar 2019, 9:47pm

eileithyia wrote:
PH wrote:Mine too, despite no email...
A bit smaller than previous years and also without any other stuff, in the past there's been beer mat, postcard, booklet, presentation envelope, poem...
I put it down to the cost rising with the popularity, I can see it becoming a virtual badge before long, I like the physical one, not really sure why as I don't do anything with it other than stick it in the draw with the others.


I have never had any of those extras... only the badge

Maybe I bigged it up to much, none of them have been huge things, just a bit more of a presentation. The dark blue one for instance came attached to a postcard type presentation, with a picture on the front and a congratulations message on the back, the first couple of years I did it there was also a discount code, this year just the badge, no note, no nothing. I also note, the last one with the date on it is 2015.
I'm not complaining, it was as much an observation about it's increased popularity.

eileithyia
Posts: 8118
Joined: 31 Jan 2007, 6:46pm
Location: Horwich Which is Lancs :-)

Re: #Festive500

Postby eileithyia » 11 Mar 2019, 3:42pm

PH wrote:
eileithyia wrote:
PH wrote:Mine too, despite no email...
A bit smaller than previous years and also without any other stuff, in the past there's been beer mat, postcard, booklet, presentation envelope, poem...
I put it down to the cost rising with the popularity, I can see it becoming a virtual badge before long, I like the physical one, not really sure why as I don't do anything with it other than stick it in the draw with the others.


I have never had any of those extras... only the badge

Maybe I bigged it up to much, none of them have been huge things, just a bit more of a presentation. The dark blue one for instance came attached to a postcard type presentation, with a picture on the front and a congratulations message on the back, the first couple of years I did it there was also a discount code, this year just the badge, no note, no nothing. I also note, the last one with the date on it is 2015.
I'm not complaining, it was as much an observation about it's increased popularity.

:lol: :lol:
I stand and rejoice everytime I see a woman ride by on a wheel the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood. HG Wells