Worst thing found on the road

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
Oldjohnw

Re: Worst thing found on the road

Post by Oldjohnw »

The utility cyclist wrote:
If you want to slag off politicians and talk politics that are totally unrelated to the topic can you move your conversation to the appropriate forum!

In my defence, given BJ's potential for the most harm to the most people, seeing him on his bike was indeed the worst thing I saw on the road this year.
John
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

Oldjohnw wrote:
If you want to slag off politicians and talk politics that are totally unrelated to the topic can you move your conversation to the appropriate forum!

In my defence, given BJ's potential for the most harm to the most people, seeing him on his bike was indeed the worst thing I saw on the road this year.

If thread drift were a capital offence there'd be none of us left :wink:
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Cugel wrote:
The utility cyclist wrote:If you want to slag off politicians and talk politics that are totally unrelated to the topic can you move your conversation to the appropriate forum!

No.

If you want to be a reedy-voiced schoolmarm offering up sniffy directives to the naughty boys, at least put on your gingham frock and pince-nez.

Cugel, who won't do lines neither.

That's possibly the nicest way I've ever seen anyone tell someone to piddle off :)
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Cugel

Post by Cugel »

reohn2 wrote:
Cugel wrote:
The utility cyclist wrote:If you want to slag off politicians and talk politics that are totally unrelated to the topic can you move your conversation to the appropriate forum!

No.

If you want to be a reedy-voiced schoolmarm offering up sniffy directives to the naughty boys, at least put on your gingham frock and pince-nez.

That's possibly the nicest way I've ever seen anyone tell someone to piddle off :)

I am never rude, just annoying and a pest. :-)

Cugel
“Practical men who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence are usually the slaves of some defunct economist”.
John Maynard Keynes
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Cugel wrote:
reohn2 wrote:
Cugel wrote:
No.

I am never rude, just annoying and a pest. :-)

Cugel

It has been noted :wink:
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
The utility cyclist

Post by The utility cyclist »

Bonefishblues wrote:
Oldjohnw wrote:

If thread drift were a capital offence there'd be none of us left :wink:

:roll:
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
IIRC 1:10 zapped survive with no ill effects, but that's still good odds, must be of the number that do live I assume.
Hats off bigjim.
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
Pastychomper

Post by Pastychomper »

bigjim wrote:... Paramedic informed me that if you cannot feel a pulse it is still worth doing CPR as there is a chance of a very tiny pulse in there and CPR can keep the brain alive. Worth knowing...

On a first aid course last year I was told 'they' now recommend not even looking for a pulse, just check for breathing and if they aren't managing that, carry on as if the heart isn't working either. The instructor didn't know why, but I gathered it was a recent change to his training.
Everyone's ghast should get a good flabbering now and then.
--Ole Boot
bigjim

Post by bigjim »

NATURAL ANKLING wrote:Hi,
IIRC 1:10 zapped survive with no ill effects, but that's still good odds, must be of the number that do live I assume.
Hats off bigjim.

The lady did have surgery with some sort of instant heart shocker installed. Her heart just stops. Can't think what the condition is called. She also has little knowledge of the event. Just leaving her house to walk to her daughters. If she had stayed at home, she would not have survived.
pwa

Post by pwa »

Pastychomper wrote:
bigjim wrote:... Paramedic informed me that if you cannot feel a pulse it is still worth doing CPR as there is a chance of a very tiny pulse in there and CPR can keep the brain alive. Worth knowing...

On a first aid course last year I was told 'they' now recommend not even looking for a pulse, just check for breathing and if they aren't managing that, carry on as if the heart isn't working either. The instructor didn't know why, but I gathered it was a recent change to his training.

That was already the advice given when I last did a First Aid course, and that must have been about seven years ago. The whole course seemed dumbed down compared to how they used to be.