Novel overtaking move this morning

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
fastpedaller

Re: Novel overtaking move this morning

Post by fastpedaller »

Reminds me of the sticker on the window of a car...... Goodbye overtaker, see you at the undertakers.....Ooer :(
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

fastpedaller wrote:Reminds me of the sticker on the window of a car...... Goodbye overtaker, see you at the undertakers.....Ooer :(

The problem being in the event of being met with an oncoming car the stupid MGIF driver will swerve left everytime as a self preservation manoeuvre to avoid a collision.
Guess who's to the left of them :?
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

... The problem being in the event of being met with an oncoming car the stupid MGIF driver will swerve left everytime as a self preservation manoeuvre to avoid a collision ...

I had this twice while driving only the other day. The incidents were only a couple of miles apart but separated by several hours. In each case, a driver intent on overtaking a rider who was on a left-hand bend ie driver had poor forward view, decided that the only way to avoid colliding with me head-on was to squeeze the cyclist. More by good luck than good driving neither rider was hit and continued riding. I'm rather ashamed to say that in both cases I resisted the temptation to retrace and stop the cyclist to offer myself as a witness corroborated by dashcam footage.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Just had the other completely stupid and unnecessary manoeuvre whilst riding home ,I see head lights in my RVM some 30 to 40m behind do the shoulder check and indicate right with an outstretched right arm,move the the middle of the quite wide road.
Some 4 to 5m before I'm about to turn right Mrs Womaninagrey3seriesBMW decides it's about the right time to overtake me on my right against my still outstretched right arm.
To add insult to almost injury she gives me a friendly wave as she passes seemingly oblivious to 6m+ of road she could have used to my left :twisted:
I was well lit up with a 1 watt rear light,wearing a red windtop and hi-viz yellow beanie hat,and it was broad daylight :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Last edited by reohn2 on 5 Jan 2019, 4:31pm, edited 1 time in total.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
RickH

Post by RickH »

fastpedaller wrote:
philsknees wrote:I'm not a dash-cam owner but really regretted not being able to hand that one over to the police.....

I've thought the same (re dashcam) on a couple of ocassions recently - but would the Police do anything

At least in Wales, the answer appears to be "yes" according to this article on the BBC news website/app today.
Former member of the Cult of the Polystyrene Head Carbuncle.