What a difference a day makes

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
ndwgolf

What a difference a day makes

Post by ndwgolf »

Yesterday out with my mates, me on Road bike both mates on MTB
0c604d60-f792-42eb-8dea-bb621f75afd1.jpg

Me out today on my own on a Road Bike
8f8e661a-30d0-45e6-956d-fd2b817bd1ea.jpg

Both my mates there were new Road bikes tonight son it will be interesting to see if they speed up any :) :) :)

Neil
foxyrider

Re: What a difference a day makes

Post by foxyrider »

My ride today was 108km, it had 1295m of ascent and I covered it at an average speed of 22.57kph. It was cold and there was a stiff north westerly for half the ride. That's on my 10kg steel audax with a pannier rack, mudguards and about 3kg of stuff in a bag.

It might have been faster on the road bike but I wasn't looking for speed particularly, I only got the heart up to 155bpm and then only once or twice. For the same effort on a flat ride i'd be going faster and i'd expect most reasonably fit people to go faster on a road bike than an atb or hybrid. As you were riding with your mates it makes sense that you rode slower.

It's more important to enjoy the ride than how fast you do it.
Convention? what's that then?
Airnimal Chameleon touring, Orbit Pro hack, Orbit Photon audax, Focus Mares AX tour, Peugeot Carbon sportive, Owen Blower vintage race - all running Tulio's finest!
ndwgolf

Re: What a difference a day makes

Post by ndwgolf »

foxyrider wrote:
It's more important to enjoy the ride than how fast you do it.

Exactly that, my mates only here for about 3 months of the year so I can do all my ego trips when he is back in the UK. He sent me a picture last night of his new Trek Madone, so can't wait to do our ride this morning
efe92e89-fb2e-4c83-a461-831730b93d44.jpg

...........I m sure he will but I really hope he will enjoy his new road bike

Neil