Not all mayhem caused by motorists.

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
reohn2

Re: Not all mayhem caused by motorists.

Post by reohn2 »

thirdcrank wrote:Meanwhile, back at the vid, I've watched it several times and I'm not much the wiser about what happened..

Nor me.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
mjr

Post by mjr »

Oldjohnw wrote:Without wishing to castigate all London motorists - or even cyclists - is there something special about the capital, which causes an 'every man for himself' sort of attitude? In my gentler borders location, I generally eperience courtesy, whether on two wheels or four.

I thin it's just the law of numbers: with such higher traffic densities, you're more likely to encounter the Must Get In Front idiots, plus there seem to be some road users who just panic, unable to cope with the higher traffic densities. I've ridden in central London maybe a few times a month when I was working there most, yet it's where I've had far more left-side overtakes (yes, including motorists!) and left hooks than anywhere else in the world. I don't recall anyone there ever reversing back to clear a crossing they've incorrectly stopped blocking (Highway Code Rule 192), as happens regularly in Norfolk and Cambridgeshire.
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
Ellieb

Post by Ellieb »

You can definitely see that the bloke is putting his leg back onto the pedal after the other cyclist has fallen off. So it is a fair indication that he had indeed kicked him off.
LollyKat

Post by LollyKat »

It could be anything - gang-related or girlfriend-related....
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

Definitely a motorist who lost his licence. Almost certainly an Audi driver. :D :)
John
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Oldjohnw wrote:Definitely a motorist who lost his licence. Almost certainly an Audi driver. :D :)

Sure it wasn't a BMW :wink:
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden