Cycle path closure (Pill)

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
Redvee

Re: Cycle path closure (Pill)

Post by Redvee »

brooksby wrote:@redvee - did you ever hear back from HE or Sustrans/Better by Bike?

Not a direct reply to my tweet to Highways England at the weekend but they did post this today.

Screenshot_20190530-165930_Twitter.jpg
mjr

Post by mjr »

Well that tweet is simply inaccurate and confusing, isn't it? The Pill route is closed and the Portbury one is the official diversion.
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
brooksby

Post by brooksby »

I'd also suggest that saying its north of Gordano (motorway) services is pretty much irrelevant to a cyclist...
Bmblbzzz

Post by Bmblbzzz »

It's closed between Pill and Portbury isn't it, so not exactly the Pill path. Certainly Gordano services is of only the vaguest relevance.
mjr

Post by mjr »

Bmblbzzz wrote:It's closed between Pill and Portbury isn't it, so not exactly the Pill path. Certainly Gordano services is of only the vaguest relevance.

No, it's closed between Pill and Sheepway.
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
Bmblbzzz

Post by Bmblbzzz »

:oops: :oops: :oops: I wrote Portbury thinking Portishead. :oops: :oops: :oops:
Tilley

Post by Tilley »

The section of the A369 which you have to ride along does have a shared footpath/cycletrack down to the traffic light controlled crossing. However the suggestion of using Church Road and Marsh Lane to cross over the motorway is a much better alternative.
Redvee

Post by Redvee »

The closure dates were a bit hopeful, I went unde the M5 on the part of the path that was closed with no issues today other than getting in another cyclists' way when I took a photo of the path under the M5.