Gangs of youths on national cycle route.....

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
gbnz

Re: Gangs of youths on national cycle route.....

Post by gbnz »

MOARspeed wrote:Just wanted to add to this, there's been a lot of trouble in the past week now with gangs of youths causing trouble and using the footpaths and cycle routes to travel between streets and evade capture. I've just seen locally recorded CCTV video from the last few days of a group of 4 lads smashing up cars with those little mini scooter things, they did at least 3 cars in one street, threatened a woman who tried to stop them and then ducked onto the nearby cycle route.

What sort of age were these dangerous criminals? Have to admit I've never had to stop the local sort riding around on little mini scooters (NB. They normally use ATV's, beaten up cars et al. Though a couple last week were on the bus and tried to intimidate me for the next twenty miles; I'd instructed them to put the cigarettes out and when they refused........they got the message and put the fags out immediately :wink: )
GranvilleThomas

Post by GranvilleThomas »

Cugel wrote:
Cyclists should be running over Tories, not kittens.

Cugel

Trouble is Boris is a Tory and he rides a bike (cyclist?), so when he lies to us again (which he will), when he screws us all to improve his bank balance (which he will) and the country is up the creek without a paddle (which it will be) then that will further blacken the image of bike riders and cyclists, simply because he is one.

Not that he gives a smelly fart one way or the other of course.

Maybe he has arranged to get a percentage of the new Boris Bobby's, to patrol the cycle tracks and keep the poor people and their kids on bikes from the local council estate off them?

Winner, Winner, chicken dinner!

Genius move, problem solved!
Cugel

Post by Cugel »

GranvilleThomas wrote:
Cugel wrote:
Cyclists should be running over Tories, not kittens.

Cugel

Trouble is Boris is a Tory and he rides a bike (cyclist?), so when he lies to us again (which he will), when he screws us all to improve his bank balance (which he will) and the country is up the creek without a paddle (which it will be) then that will further blacken the image of bike riders and cyclists, simply because he is one.

Not that he gives a smelly fart one way or the other of course.

Maybe he has arranged to get a percentage of the new Boris Bobby's, to patrol the cycle tracks and keep the poor people and their kids on bikes from the local council estate off them?

Winner, Winner, chicken dinner!

Genius move, problem solved!

Boris was once in a gang of youths that went vandalising and terrorising the local populace. It's called The Bullingdon Club. He has retained that mode, however, being full of the gene that prevents big blonde eejits from ever growing up. There's another one in that Yankland. Gawd-knows what nasty club he was in as a yoof. They are 100X nastier now, mind, those moneyed yoboes.

But how did these arrested (or should be) developers ever get into political power? Are there actually Gods who are having a joke on their human toys? I think we should be told!

BoJo vs Trumpet, to last big stupid kid standing! With luck they will eat each other and disappear with a satisfying gulp&phart noise.

Cugel
“Practical men who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence are usually the slaves of some defunct economist”.
John Maynard Keynes
GranvilleThomas

Post by GranvilleThomas »

Cugel wrote:
Boris was once in a gang of youths that went vandalising and terrorising the local populace. It's called The Bullingdon Club. He has retained that mode, however, being full of the gene that prevents big blonde eejits from ever growing up. There's another one in that Yankland. Gawd-knows what nasty club he was in as a yoof. They are 100X nastier now, mind, those moneyed yoboes.

But how did these arrested (or should be) developers ever get into political power? Are there actually Gods who are having a joke on their human toys? I think we should be told!

BoJo vs Trumpet, to last big stupid kid standing! With luck they will eat each other and disappear with a satisfying gulp&phart noise.

Cugel

I find it depressingly sad to say you are accurate in your observations and there is a strong possibility that 'Gangs of youths on the cycle track' will soon be the very least of our worries, maybe 'civil disorder spilling onto the cycle track' will be the thing to avoid.

However, I feel there is a strong possibility, that this is all a dream!

I am hoping that I wake up before he enters into a pact with Farage after the soon to be announced General Election.
pete75

Post by pete75 »

Cugel wrote:Boris was once in a gang of youths that went vandalising and terrorising the local populace. It's called The Bullingdon Club. He has retained that mode, however, being full of the gene that prevents big blonde eejits from ever growing up. There's another one in that Yankland. Gawd-knows what nasty club he was in as a yoof. They are 100X nastier now, mind, those moneyed yoboes.

Cugel

And they chose the right city for their activities. Imagine how long a similar bunch would last in Glasgow. :wink:
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

Looks like they are it again

GMP Heatons & Reddish
7 February at 22:42 ·
PLEASE SHARE!!! Over the last week, there have been a number of robberies on the Fallowfield loop on the stretch from Debdale down to Broom lane. Cyclists have been set upon by a group of up to 6 males in dark clothing who in some cases have seriously assaulted their victims before taking their bikes. Peak times from mid- afternoon to early evening in hours of dusk to darkness.
Have you seen any sus males in the area? Do you know them? Has anyone offered to sell you a bike of parts? Do you have any information? Please contact us directly or anonymously via crime stoppers. We need to put a stop to this!!
Patrols will be stepped up in the area. Please say hello
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
gaz

Post by gaz »

That London.

A group of around 10 teenagers was waiting for someone to pass… I was thrown off and beaten until they got my bike and phone. Luckily I only got some bruises and a couple of scrapes.
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
Phil Fouracre

Post by Phil Fouracre »

Difficult situation! Rode past a group of youfs with my wife, and all we got was ‘cool bikes mate’!! Can’t complain about that
:-)
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity