Bells on bikes

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
Mick F
Spambuster

Re: Bells on bikes

Post by Mick F »

:D :D

The other day, I was coming down a hill quite quickly. Narrow lane. Back road.
I have a Lion Bellworks bell with a springy pinger lever.
http://www.lionbellworks.co.uk/webshop.php
Going just at the right speed, along the right road, over the right bump, the bell "auto-rings" as the spring flexes etc.

Rounding a corner, at the right speed, over the right bump .... the bell rang. As it did, I saw a lady walker and she turned round and smiled and moved to one side.

Automatic Pedestrian Recognition Bell Ringing.

APRBR ............................................... the way forward for all modern bicycles! :D
Mick F. Cornwall
philvantwo

Post by philvantwo »

Modern bicycle? Have you treated yourself to a lightweight carbon 12speed Mick F?
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
Nah, Mick will carry on looking for potholes and bumps in the road, with an even bigger grin :mrgreen:
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
brooksby

Post by brooksby »

MOARspeed wrote:I have bell which rings cut constantly, like the sort you see on a cat collar (only bigger), I found that a regular bell used to get an aggressive response as often as a non-aggressive one. The bell I have was something I did a few years ago, I understand now that a similar thing is now available in bike shops.

Doesn't Grant Peterson recommend that? Having something like wind chimes or a cow bell hanging from the frame...
MOARspeed

Post by MOARspeed »

brooksby wrote:
MOARspeed wrote:I have bell which rings cut constantly, like the sort you see on a cat collar (only bigger), I found that a regular bell used to get an aggressive response as often as a non-aggressive one. The bell I have was something I did a few years ago, I understand now that a similar thing is now available in bike shops.

Doesn't Grant Peterson recommend that? Having something like wind chimes or a cow bell hanging from the frame...

No idea, but I got the idea from somewhere.
Marcus Aurelius

Post by Marcus Aurelius »

I have this. It’s very very loud, and very very effective.
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

hi,
I have got something similar but it messes with my Speedo, I do use it if I have to, you be surprised riding a few feet behind people in the road or blocking shared pass how many don't even hear it.
I can understand that some people are deaf, but 20-year-olds 3 abreast Running in the road and blocking it too..........
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.