School Run

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
mjr

Re: School Run

Post by mjr »

Mike Sales wrote:
mjr wrote:Is "supervis eplatime" a Latin expression for something? I'm not finding it in wiktionary. Please could we stick to English?

move an "e" a little and insert a "y".

Bah! :lol:

Thanks.
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
mjr

Post by mjr »

Oldjohnw wrote:In the olden days - like in my childhood - people went to their local school. None of this getting to the school of choice by all means, fair and foul, and the oversubscribed aspirational (for the parents) many miles away.

I'm not as old as you, but it was still several decades ago: I lived near the primary school I attended but several neighbouring villages already had no primary school and went to ours or ones in other villages. Many closures have happened since then, so the "local" school could easily be "many miles away" these days.

I don't remember exactly where in South Norfolk Psamathe is, but here's the locations of primary schools. As you can see, many villages don't have one.
Attachments
Export of a map search for amenity=school and max_age=11
Export of a map search for amenity=school and max_age=11
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
pete75

Post by pete75 »

mjr wrote:
pete75 wrote:
Psamathe wrote:I thought teachers had a range of duties e.g. supervising playtime, making sure that kids arriving by bike are wearing helmets (in some rather silly schools), etc. The school has a degree of responsibility for issues it causes. It has inadequate facilities for the number of people it has collecting kids. So I believe it needs to address those issues or to provide adequate facilities (legal parking, off-road) such that it does not cause a public nuisance.

Teachers do supervis eplatime , at least they did at my primary school. [...]

Is "supervis eplatime" a Latin expression for something? I'm not finding it in wiktionary. Please could we stick to English?

The wonders of an android phon ekypad.......
Still as someone here says there are those who can extrapolate from incomplete information and
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
ossie

Post by ossie »

School run mums

In 20 years of commuting these young ladies were the biggest danger to my safety and made white van man look a complete amateur.

Its the same everywhere, I don't commute anymore but in the last few weeks have encountered the same in Germany and the Netherlands.....I guess I was up early enough but they really don't take any prisoners.