1.2 million E bikes sold in Germany

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
reohn2
Posts: 36324
Joined: 26 Jun 2009, 8:21pm

Re: 1.2 million E bikes sold in Germany

Postby reohn2 » 1 Oct 2019, 9:54am

MikeF wrote:UK Government subsidies for electric vehicles.. Mopeds yes "The grant will pay for 20% of the purchase price for these vehicles, up to a maximum of £1,500. These vehicles have no CO2 emissions and can travel at least 50km (31 miles) between charges:..." Cycles no. The government just doesn't "get it" :evil:

UK governments never have,it's something to do with class and othering of cycling,if you ride a bike you must be poor right?
We've neglected the bicycle even the e-bicycle at our own cost,we're a stupid nation.
-----------------------------------------------------------
I cycle therefore I am.

reohn2
Posts: 36324
Joined: 26 Jun 2009, 8:21pm

Re: 1.2 million E bikes sold in Germany

Postby reohn2 » 1 Oct 2019, 9:57am

The utility cyclist wrote:I already said it, e-bikes do not increase cycling, so far in Germany since e-bike sales have soared, cycling has gone backwards in terms of trips and modal share, in NL there's been ZERO increase in cycling despite equally impressive e-bike sales.

I don't see your point,do you think bicycle use/mileage would've increased without the e-bike?
-----------------------------------------------------------
I cycle therefore I am.

kwackers
Posts: 13711
Joined: 4 Jun 2008, 9:29pm
Location: Warrington

Re: 1.2 million E bikes sold in Germany

Postby kwackers » 1 Oct 2019, 10:02am

reohn2 wrote:
MikeF wrote:UK Government subsidies for electric vehicles.. Mopeds yes "The grant will pay for 20% of the purchase price for these vehicles, up to a maximum of £1,500. These vehicles have no CO2 emissions and can travel at least 50km (31 miles) between charges:..." Cycles no. The government just doesn't "get it" :evil:

UK governments never have,it's something to do with class and othering of cycling,if you ride a bike you must be poor right?
We've neglected the bicycle even the e-bicycle at our own cost,we're a stupid nation.

Bike to work scheme?

My current bike was bought on that.
Pretty much halved the cost iirc.

Don't know how it works now or even if it applies to e-bikes.

reohn2
Posts: 36324
Joined: 26 Jun 2009, 8:21pm

Re: 1.2 million E bikes sold in Germany

Postby reohn2 » 1 Oct 2019, 10:25am

kwackers wrote:
reohn2 wrote:
MikeF wrote:UK Government subsidies for electric vehicles.. Mopeds yes "The grant will pay for 20% of the purchase price for these vehicles, up to a maximum of £1,500. These vehicles have no CO2 emissions and can travel at least 50km (31 miles) between charges:..." Cycles no. The government just doesn't "get it" :evil:

UK governments never have,it's something to do with class and othering of cycling,if you ride a bike you must be poor right?
We've neglected the bicycle even the e-bicycle at our own cost,we're a stupid nation.

Bike to work scheme?

My current bike was bought on that.
Pretty much halved the cost iirc.

Don't know how it works now or even if it applies to e-bikes.

It's just a nod in the right direction IMO,without any kind of real strategy toward bike use as a form of transport.
Less so in cities where the private car operates without restriction mostly,congestion charges only make it harder to use a car in a city for them that can't afford it.
-----------------------------------------------------------
I cycle therefore I am.