camping tent?

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
Dick Dastardly

camping tent?

Post by Dick Dastardly »

Go to this link for a tent for sale on ebay- just read the sellers description for the funniest thing I've read in ages...!!!
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Argos-Pro-Action- ... dZViewItem
Dick Dastardly

Re:camping tent?

Post by Dick Dastardly »

ps- I read it on the C+ site so credit not due to me....!
adam

Post by adam »

Lol, i found it on c+ too. Have you read the comments? I actually made 2 myself. That link made my day lol
virgincyclist

Post by virgincyclist »

Funny story told with good humour. I guess that's what you get when you shop at Argos though. I bought a terra nova tent this summer. at £300 not cheap but should last longer than a rainy summer!
Dick Dastardly

Post by Dick Dastardly »

I made 2 too Adam- the coffin one and about leaving it at Kenmore...
The bloke could send it to Pakistan with the aid but that would just be sick and cruel...!
Bruce

Post by Bruce »

I did a tour of part of the Outer Hebs. last summer using the one man Argos tent.At £15 I can't complain really but the description given is accurate.The rain and wind comes under the flysheet.At least the groundsheet proved to be watertight as it was pretty full of water ofter a rainy night.The wind and rain in Benbecula can be pretty spectacular tho'.
Dick Dastardly

Post by Dick Dastardly »

Bruce- was it definitely the "sydney" model? The years previous got a brill review in TGO, and It was originally £30. It has a flysheet and I used it at the Leeds Festival this year to test it and it is in another league to this years Wendy house...!
Bruce

Post by Bruce »

Dick. Don't know if it was the sydney or not offhand. There was an entrance at the side of one end if you can visualise this. It would be ok in settled lowland conditions but in horizontal rain on the western fringes the rain is driven under the flysheet and through the mesh ventilation panels inside. I did suspect its performance before I left home but decided to take a chance.Unwisely as it turned out.The sjc tent mentioned would I think be also ok for settled conditions but I would not try it anywhere exposed. Has anyone tried the smallest Khyam tent? Heavy I know but the flysheet goes up first and the whole thing seems quick to erect.Important in the kind of bad weather we can get sometimes nowadays.