Tyre advice

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
grufty

Re: Tyres

Post by grufty »

I love my 26" Land Cruisers, but I do a lot off-road riding. If I were riding mostly tarmac I would follow Brucey's advice.
Chris56

Post by Chris56 »

grufty wrote:I love my 26" Land Cruisers, but I do a lot off-road riding. If I were riding mostly tarmac I would follow Brucey's advice.

I've done a few rides on my new land cruisers (26 x 2). Yhe difference between them and the old Kenda knobblies is like night and day. I've not had much chance to push them on the rough stuff but they are so much quicker and quieter on tarmac
Cowsham

Re: Tyre advice

Post by Cowsham »

Cowsham wrote:Ordered a set of these
https://www.vandorm.co.uk/products/vand ... protection

These are doing a good job

photostudio_1615935671946.jpg
I am here. Where are you?
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Chris56 wrote: 9 Mar 2021, 8:14pm
grufty wrote:I love my 26" Land Cruisers, but I do a lot off-road riding. If I were riding mostly tarmac I would follow Brucey's advice.
I've done a few rides on my new land cruisers (26 x 2). Yhe difference between them and the old Kenda knobblies is like night and day. I've not had much chance to push them on the rough stuff but they are so much quicker and quieter on tarmac
I've relented and went back to my 27.5" land cruisers from the big Ben's -- yes the big Ben's are lighter ( about a third lighter than land cruisers ) but the LC's roll just as well and maybe even better.
_IMG_000000_000000.jpg
The main reason I've went back to the LC's is the state of the country roads, lanes and cycle paths around here.

Because of such wet weather and much farm machinery there's an awful lot of mud and sludge around and I think the LC's having a deeper tread pattern will be a bit safer. I can feel the big Ben's squirming around under me a lot of the time lately.
I am here. Where are you?