Twenty a day for 2020?

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
foxyrider

Re: Twenty a day for 2020?

Postby foxyrider » 31 Jul 2020, 7:48pm

rjb wrote:We achieved it on the tandem last year for the first time. This year mrs rjb has a medical issue which is restricting our mileage. Still managing approx 16 miles a day but almost every day so we still clocked up 511 miles for the month giving us a total of 3793 so far this year.

Where in Somerset do you ride, i've seen a few tandems on my perambulations of cider country :D
Convention? what's that then?
Airnimal Chameleon touring, Orbit Pro hack, Orbit Photon audax, Focus Mares AX tour, Peugeot Carbon sportive, Owen Blower vintage race - all running Tulio's finest!

rjb

Postby rjb » 31 Jul 2020, 8:16pm

Primarily between North Curry, Langport and Huntworth. :wink: And i dont have a lid on.
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin, Raleigh 20, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Longstaff trike conversion on a Falcon corsa. :D

foxyrider

Postby foxyrider » 1 Aug 2020, 5:47pm

rjb wrote:Primarily between North Curry, Langport and Huntworth. :wink: And i dont have a lid on.

well thats two of us then - i haven't ventured quite that far south as i'm currently based in Brizzle but i did see a couple on a tandem just outside Taunton a week or two ago :) In the past i've raced and done a bit of leisure riding on tandems and its very heartening to see so many around these parts - if i could go back and change my cycling i'd be adding a lot more tandem riding to the mix. Maybe when my grand son is a bit bigger (he's just turned 2) i'll get another lease of tandem excitement :D
Convention? what's that then?
Airnimal Chameleon touring, Orbit Pro hack, Orbit Photon audax, Focus Mares AX tour, Peugeot Carbon sportive, Owen Blower vintage race - all running Tulio's finest!

pedalsheep

Postby pedalsheep » 1 Aug 2020, 6:27pm

July was very much a repeat of the last few months for me. 1047 miles ridden bringing the total for the year so far to 6061 miles. I haven't previously calculated my total altitude gain but I saw an advert for a challenge to ride the height of Everest in a month so decided to keep track of my climbing just for fun - 62,931 feet. I image other months were pretty similar. Whose idea was it to live at the top of a hill?! :D
'Why cycling for joy is not the most popular pastime on earth is still a mystery to me.'
Frank J Urry, Salute to Cycling, 1956.

Pebble

Postby Pebble » 8 Aug 2020, 12:22am

pedalsheep wrote:July was very much a repeat of the last few months for me. 1047 miles ridden bringing the total for the year so far to 6061 miles. I haven't previously calculated my total altitude gain but I saw an advert for a challenge to ride the height of Everest in a month so decided to keep track of my climbing just for fun - 62,931 feet. I image other months were pretty similar. Whose idea was it to live at the top of a hill?! :D

you're a bit in front of me, I just passed 5000 mile mark tonight for this year to date.
you're on steeper ground too - you appear to be doing a 1000' ascent every 16.6 miles. My average so far this year is 1000' ascent every 20.9 miles.
How is your ascent calculated ? I do mine from bikehike http://www.bikehike.co.uk/mapview.php

my rolling year (8 Aug 2019 to 7 Aug 2020) is at 7615 miles, trying to get it to 7800 (150 per week for a year) but struggling.