2 metre rule

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
PaulS

2 metre rule

Post by PaulS »

Spotted this yesterday. Looks about 2 metres separation. And fun.

Do I win the funky-bicycle photo competition?
Attachments
IMG_5783.jpg
Paulatic

Re: 2 metre rule

Post by Paulatic »

Blimey it must have been cold down there looking at those two. :)
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
PaulS

Post by PaulS »

Today I had bib longs, jacket, winter boots with woolly ski socks. After 4 soaking hours my feet were definitely cold. Is it summer yet?
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Following one should keep more than 2m distance
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

PaulS wrote:Today I had bib longs, jacket, winter boots with woolly ski socks. After 4 soaking hours my feet were definitely cold. Is it summer yet?

Certainly is I’ve just had my dinner outside on the sitootary :D
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
PaulS

Post by PaulS »

Cyril Haearn wrote:Following one should keep more than 2m distance

The following one isn't following. They are connected.
tim-b

Post by tim-b »

Hi
The following one isn't following. They are connected

Naah, one rider, it's speed blur :D
Regards
tim-b
~~~~¯\(ツ)/¯~~~~
The utility cyclist

Post by The utility cyclist »

why when they have face coverings, you're also presuming they have something transmittable, where's your evidence for that?
Tangled Metal

Post by Tangled Metal »

The utility cyclist wrote:

why when they have face coverings, you're also presuming they have something transmittable, where's your evidence for that?

Typical! Wearing a face covering but with your nose poking out clear. Pedallist at the front. Seems about right. Does nobody get that face coverings and masks should cover nose and mouth????
The utility cyclist

Post by The utility cyclist »

Tangled Metal wrote:

Typical! Wearing a face covering but with your nose poking out clear. Pedallist at the front. Seems about right. Does nobody get that face coverings and masks should cover nose and mouth????

Yup typical ignorance of the risk factor :roll: You're still making an assumption one of them has something to transmit, we know this is rarely the case and even rarer that they will transmit it to someone vulnerable that whatever it is they may or may not be carrying would kill or put someone in hospital.
Carry on being the typical sort that ignores actual risk factors, maybe you want the utterly bonkers zero risk before you start doing things again, I and others on the other hand know that doing stuff is actually better for everyone and that the risk in any case is actually less than other years where yourself and others did absolutely nothing.
Does nobody including you get that?
mjr

Post by mjr »

PaulS wrote:Today I had bib longs, jacket, winter boots with woolly ski socks. After 4 soaking hours my feet were definitely cold. Is it summer yet?

Nice ride out yesterday in my rain cape. Feet still dry when I got home, probably thanks to the sightly reduced traffic meaning less splashing up from beneath.
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
Tangled Metal

Post by Tangled Metal »

Tangled Metal wrote:
The utility cyclist wrote:why when they have face coverings, you're also presuming they have something transmittable, where's your evidence for that?

Yup typical ignorance of the risk factor :roll: You're still making an assumption one of them has something to transmit, we know this is rarely the case and even rarer that they will transmit it to someone vulnerable that whatever it is they may or may not be carrying would kill or put someone in hospital.
Carry on being the typical sort that ignores actual risk factors, maybe you want the utterly bonkers zero risk before you start doing things again, I and others on the other hand know that doing stuff is actually better for everyone and that the risk in any case is actually less than other years where yourself and others did absolutely nothing.
Does nobody including you get that?

I guess I needed winking smillie. Taking the pi$$ about people not wearing masks or face coverings properly. You must have seen those elderly, high risk types in supermarkets (outside of vulnerable people times) wearing surgical masks over their mouth only with big gaps and nose poking out. Then see them shrink away from people only to lean past you to reach sending in the fridge next to you. Then see them take the mask of to chat standing right next to their friend they've not seen fur a few days. Or take it off at the checkout where you're most likely to be close to others such as the person behind the checkout (especially the early days before screens). :D
De Sisti

Post by De Sisti »

People on bikes passing other riders closer than two metres is quite common. I've have my share of it
these past couple of weeks, exclusively by blokes. Conversation can get heated when you remind them
of it (they generally don't want to acknowledge it, or don't care).
Syd

2 metre rule

Post by Syd »

De Sisti wrote:People on bikes passing other riders closer than two metres is quite common. I've have my share of it
these past couple of weeks, exclusively by blokes. Conversation can get heated when you remind them
of it (they generally don't want to acknowledge it, or don't care).

Leaving 2m whilst passing another cyclist is not always possible. Provided they complete the pass quickly the chances of transmission of a viral load of Covid-19 are incredibly small.

Given that knowledge, and dependent of the tone of your reminder, I can understand why some interactions may get heated.
De Sisti

Post by De Sisti »

Syd wrote:Given that knowledge, and dependent of the tone of your reminder, I can understand why some interactions may get heated.

There always is the possibility to pass at a safe distance that doesn't annoy the person being overtaken.
It's like with motor vehicle drivers. They approach a cyclist from behind. Sometimes they slow down,
wait for it be safe to overtake, and then make their manoeuvre. Some don't and don't care how their
actions are preceived.

It doesn't matter what the tone is. Some people don't like their shortcomings pointed out to them. :roll: