Fix your bike voucher

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
Bullseye

Re: £50 for bike repair

Post by Bullseye »

I got a voucher but all the local bike shops were so busy and had very long waiting times I just never got to use it.
matt2matt2002

Post by matt2matt2002 »

Bullseye wrote:I got a voucher but all the local bike shops were so busy and had very long waiting times I just never got to use it.

Did the voucher have an expiry date?
2017 Ethiopia.5 weeks.
2018 Marrakech 2 weeks.
2023 Thailand 8 weeks.
Always on a Thorn Raven/Rohloff hub.
Bullseye

Post by Bullseye »

matt2matt2002 wrote:
Bullseye wrote:I got a voucher but all the local bike shops were so busy and had very long waiting times I just never got to use it.

Did the voucher have an expiry date?

Yes I think it did, I thought I'd let it expire and maybe someone else may get to use it.
mumbojumbo

Post by mumbojumbo »

Always better to do own repairs-some struggle to mend a puncture or swap chains.
rjb

Post by rjb »

My daughter managed to get a voucher. I normally look after the bike for her and service it. Last time I checked it needed new tyres. But lockdown means I haven't seen her or the grandchildren for months except by facetime, and she's a 120 mile round trip away. The voucher enabled her to get the bike a full check over, service and 2 new tyres and tubes for an extra £15 plus the £50 voucher. She's a happy chappy and will enable her to get into town with her son to do the shopping and accompany him on a local exercise ride. :)
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway X2, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

The 3rd tranche of the Government’s ‘Fix Your Bike’ voucher scheme has just been released.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/fix-your-bi ... -a-voucher
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
RickH

Post by RickH »

Paulatic wrote:The 3rd tranche of the Government’s ‘Fix Your Bike’ voucher scheme has just been released.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/fix-your-bi ... -a-voucher

I had an email from Halfords this morning advertising that they were accepting the £50 vouchers with a link to apply for one. (Not that I'm recommending their servicing, I'm just on their mailing list.) I had presumed that meant more were available.
Former member of the Cult of the Polystyrene Head Carbuncle.
mig

fix your bike scheme has re-opened

Post by mig »

Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »