Antisocial cyclists

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
Pebble

Re: Antisocial cyclists

Postby Pebble » 28 Jul 2020, 10:57pm

I haven't seen another cyclist in the last 150 mile, locdown must have ended and the roads are back to normal - it was nice getting a cheery wave or hello once or twice on a ride

eileithyia

Postby eileithyia » 2 Aug 2020, 9:48pm

Bike hire at Wadebridge; 'Miles of smiles on the Camel Trail' er no........ what a miserable grumpy load of cyclists, never met so many antisocial miserable cyclists..... :lol:
I stand and rejoice everytime I see a woman ride by on a wheel the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood. HG Wells

NATURAL ANKLING

Postby NATURAL ANKLING » 3 Aug 2020, 12:55am

Hi,
eileithyia wrote:Bike hire at Wadebridge; 'Miles of smiles on the Camel Trail' er no........ what a miserable grumpy load of cyclists, never met so many antisocial miserable cyclists..... :lol:

Wadebridge, the cycle hire place reckons he can hire out 250 bikes in one day :o
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.

rareposter

Postby rareposter » 3 Aug 2020, 7:49am

eileithyia wrote:Bike hire at Wadebridge; 'Miles of smiles on the Camel Trail' er no........ what a miserable grumpy load of cyclists, never met so many antisocial miserable cyclists..... :lol:

Oh never bother waving in busy areas! You'll spend the entire ride with your right hand off the bars!

Someone on another forum posted about some waving at other riders hypothesis he had and went to Richmond Park to try it which is the worst place ever to try and be social. You see thousands of riders, twice per lap usually, and waving is the last thing that any of them are interested in. There are simply too many people.

Same if you're riding along and there's a Sportive coming the other way along the road. No, I will not be waving at all 700 of you!

I still can't work out why it's a big issue. Ride your bike, concentrate on what you're doing. My ride is not validated by some randomer waving or not waving at me.

Phil Fouracre

Postby Phil Fouracre » 3 Aug 2020, 8:59am

There certainly are some weird threads doing the rounds!
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity

MikeF

Postby MikeF » 3 Aug 2020, 6:57pm

Antisocial?? What were they doing? Or was that remark tongue in cheek??
"It takes a genius to spot the obvious" - my old physics master