Downs link new sections.

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
hemo

Downs link new sections.

Post by hemo »

Rode the Downs Link today joining at the Northerly point South of Shalford to Copsale.
A new section is open now cutting out the road section around Christ's Hospital, the new section allows you to continue straight on under the road bridge instead of hanging a left to go up and over. The Christ's Station like W.G is still in place but when it ends takes you on to local housing estate roads to link up again by the railway way line.
Also the building site as you approach S.W is part complete and the detoured rutty field section is no more, again a brand new section cutting straight through the middle of the new housing estate.
MikeF

Re: Downs link new sections.

Post by MikeF »

I haven't been to Downs Link for years. I presume the things you mention are good news. What's the rest of it like?
"It takes a genius to spot the obvious" - my old physics master.
I don't peddle bikes.
hemo

Post by hemo »

In places the surface is very good, the Northern part is pretty much good to very good to Copsale and my 37/42c's cope well. The exception still being the very loose /course short South wood hilly section after Baynards. At W.G they are regrading the surface back towards Copsale but when the heavy rains come may be the fine compacted layer might wash out or ruts might appear. Other wise it is a mixed bag of fine graded and course surface with some very loose sections esp on the Southern most parts, the worst part is still the section before and transiting the Wickham Fm/Steyning section. The Shoreham section is very good and from the A283 is good.
MikeF

Post by MikeF »

Thanks. Sounds as though it's OK in parts. At the moment it's rather far from me to try, now that public transport is difficult to use.
"It takes a genius to spot the obvious" - my old physics master.
I don't peddle bikes.