Out-and-back or circuit?

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.

Out-and-back or circular for long day rides?

Out-and-back
2%
Circular
76%
Neither
2%
Both
20%
My navi does the thinking
No votes

Total votes: 46

[XAP]Bob

Re: Out-and-back or circuit?

Postby [XAP]Bob » 13 Sep 2020, 10:15am

Morzedec wrote:Out.

Camp.

Return a different way.

I know, that's two days, but from my house to the Loire is almost exactly 160km, so I can get in two rides of 100 miles each in a weekend. The local village cycle club won't come out riding with me - wonder why?

If, of course, I were back in France again: it's been a shambles this year, trying to organise anything. I've just finished one quarantine period, need to go over to France pretty soon, but then have to come back almost immediately for a business meeting - and two more weeks alone, when I and everyone I know is virus free, is plain daft.

Bloody Government.

Quarantine isn’t daft - you cannot know that everyone you have had contact with is virus free.

Can you not organise the business meeting to be earlier, later, or online?.
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.

Morzedec

Postby Morzedec » 13 Sep 2020, 7:06pm

Bob, hello,
Quarantine is completely daft when you have had no contact with anyone for two weeks, which was my case whilst in France - and, in any case, during the last six months, my region of France - as large as Cornwall, Devon & Somerset combined - has only had 6 possible but not confirmed cases of the virus, and the only serious case of illness affected the Mayor when he over-indulged in some pretty rough old 'red' one night, and said that, 'my bum feels like it's on fire'. Better put a mask on it, I said.
Being rather old-fashioned (it's difficult not to be at my age) our business runs on face to face meetings and trust - but, in any case and once again, I, personally, that is me myself, never met a soul - I suggest ways to do the accounts, read the minutes of recent management meetings, and advised accordingly - then went home again.

Treat adults like adults and they will thus behave; treat them like naughty children and they will continue in the same vein.

Happy days? Not with this lot of idiots in charge of us (and that comment is structurally, not politically, based)
Image Attachments
Separation.jpg

[XAP]Bob

Postby [XAP]Bob » 14 Sep 2020, 8:40am

Quarantine is not a “pick and choose”. If you can demonstrate that you’ve had no contact for two weeks (even during the journey and crossing back) then that would be your quarantine. But I doubt that is the case.

If an area defines quarantine then it applies to all. Or maybe I should be allowed to 180mph in the motorway because I upgraded my brakes? And of course 60mph through town on the same basis.
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.