Covid cycling survey

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
wperry

Covid cycling survey

Postby wperry » 4 Nov 2020, 10:44am

Please click the link below and answer the questions in the survey for my A level engineering coursework. All responses are greatly appreciated and extremely helpful.

https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=tPeiEhr4TEu-L2X09ggY4PDAA01jXNVKiY2fGBPkpXVUQzJHRUozTEZWUjNSWlY3MzExUlFCQjIwMi4u

mjr

Re: Covid cycling survey

Postby mjr » 4 Nov 2020, 11:23am

It asks me to sign in to my Microsoft account. No thank you!
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.

whoof

Postby whoof » 4 Nov 2020, 11:27am

If I click on the link it says 'you don't have permission to view this form'

Pebble

Postby Pebble » 4 Nov 2020, 12:16pm

I'm sure it is a genuine survey but as above I'm not signing into my microsoft account, potentially you could be somehow capturing my account and password details - LOL

Do the survey on a simple web page that does not use cookies and I would probably take part.

Jdsk

Postby Jdsk » 4 Nov 2020, 12:18pm

Same here, and I'm currently logged into at least one Microsoft account.

It's also good practice to say who you are, and to offer participants a copy of the final report.

Good luck with the project. I'll try again when you've fixed the front page.

Jonathan

Screenshot 2020-11-04 at 12.14.52.png

Vorpal

Postby Vorpal » 4 Nov 2020, 2:24pm

wperry wrote:Please click the link below and answer the questions in the survey for my A level engineering coursework. All responses are greatly appreciated and extremely helpful.

https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=tPeiEhr4TEu-L2X09ggY4PDAA01jXNVKiY2fGBPkpXVUQzJHRUozTEZWUjNSWlY3MzExUlFCQjIwMi4u

If you want people to be able to respond, you need to use SurveyMonkey, or similar service.
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom

rmurphy195

Postby rmurphy195 » 4 Nov 2020, 6:30pm

mjr wrote:It asks me to sign in to my Microsoft account. No thank you!

+1
Brompton, Condor Heritage, creaky joints and thinning white (formerly grey) hair
""You know you're getting old when it's easier to ride a bike than to get on and off it" - quote from observant jogger !

cycle tramp

Postby cycle tramp » 4 Nov 2020, 6:32pm

What the hell is a Microsoft account and why do I need one to answer questions?

TrevA

Postby TrevA » 7 Nov 2020, 5:51pm

I’ve just clicked on the link from my iPad and got straight in without having to sign in to anything, so this seems to have been fixed?

However, I don’t understand the point of the survey, it asked how you would like to be informed if someone is within 2 metres. Is this from a COVID viewpoint or is it to do with cars coming within 2 metres of the cyclist?

I already have a Garmin Varia which informs me of cars coming from behind. This gives a visual and audible warning on my Garmin GPS unit. Something similar to show how wide a car is passing would be useful, but I’m not interested in being informed if a person is within 2 metres, as I’m on the move and any close contact is likely to be minimal and for a very short period of time.
A cart horse trapped in the body of a man.
http://www.jogler2009.blogspot.com

Jdsk

Postby Jdsk » 7 Nov 2020, 5:56pm

TrevA wrote:I’ve just clicked on the link from my iPad and got straight in without having to sign in to anything, so this seems to have been fixed?

Same here, Safari on macOS.

Jonathan

Mick F
Spambuster

Postby Mick F » 7 Nov 2020, 6:04pm

Worked instantly for me with a Mac, but it won't accept my answers for the very first question!

Why do you cycle?
I can't answer exercise and enjoyment.
One or the other, so I refused to go any further.

Can't even answer the second question either! :shock:
Where do you cycle?
Tracks, paths, roads.
All three, but can't say that.

Sorry.
Terrible survey.
Mick F. Cornwall

eileithyia

Postby eileithyia » 7 Nov 2020, 6:09pm

wperry wrote:Please click the link below and answer the questions in the survey for my A level engineering coursework. All responses are greatly appreciated and extremely helpful.

Sorry I made an attempt but it is rubbish as a survey, a, I ride as a commuter, for competition, for fun and exercise. b. I ride on roads, tracks and 'shared paths'. c, there was no option for none of these... as I would not want any of those options... why would I want such options?
I stand and rejoice everytime I see a woman ride by on a wheel the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood. HG Wells

Cowsham

Postby Cowsham » 7 Nov 2020, 9:57pm

Why don't you use the facility on here for voting and at least you'll get our input without a third party? maybe Cyril or Vorpal can help you set up a post -- I've never used it but know it exists.

eileithyia

Postby eileithyia » 8 Nov 2020, 8:32am

eileithyia wrote:

Sorry I made an attempt but it is rubbish as a survey, a, I ride as a commuter, for competition, for fun and exercise. b. I ride on roads, tracks and 'shared paths' there was no option to tick all of these. c, there was no option for none of these... as I would not want any of those options... why would I want such options?
I stand and rejoice everytime I see a woman ride by on a wheel the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood. HG Wells

Cyril Haearn

Postby Cyril Haearn » 8 Nov 2020, 8:39am

Cowsham wrote:Why don't you use the facility on here for voting and at least you'll get our input without a third party? maybe Cyril or Vorpal can help you set up a post -- I've never used it but know it exists.

Happy to help :wink:
One may allow several answers, or just one
What might be the questions? I do not want to try accessing the survey

Like many on these fora, I have lots of reasons for cycling
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies