Fell off today

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
MikeF

Re: Fell off today

Post by MikeF »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Unfortunately they don't make 'em like that any more.
"It takes a genius to spot the obvious" - my old physics master.
I don't peddle bikes.
Jamesh

Post by Jamesh »

About 20 years ago I had an old Reliant scimitar which I was new to driving.

I went round a round about on the Redbridge flyover in Southampton nr the docks, a bit too fast and hit the concrete barriers spinning and damaging the front and rear of the car.

I patched it up with several David repair kits and drove it for a couple if years before selling it for more than I brought it!

Happy days.

Cheers James
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Stradageek wrote:Sorry about this ( and trust you've recovered) but couldn't stop looking at the title of this post and remembering this....

https://vimeo.com/56525357

Class ! -- "how do you know so much about cycling ? " :lol:
I am here. Where are you?
yostumpy

Post by yostumpy »

Just seen this thread, as I've been 'well crook'. Mrs Stumpy put the bins out Tues Night, and Wednesday the Garden bin was missing. I was going to contact the council but decided to leave it a day. That evening all was revealed. Our next door neighbours' parents had taken it in, thinking it was theirs, as our neighbours are self isolating. Mr Neighbour was out on t'bike, and going down a hill, applied the front brake rather too vigourously for the greasy road conditions beneath. He locked the front wheel, and went over the top, breaking a rib and collar bone. To add insult to injury, he believes he caught Covid in A@E, although it was quite a mild case, luckily. My test came back negative by the way.
So the moral of the story is........don't put your garden bins out when the roads are greasy , in a pandemic.
pwa

Post by pwa »

yostumpy wrote:Just seen this thread, as I've been 'well crook'. Mrs Stumpy put the bins out Tues Night, and Wednesday the Garden bin was missing. I was going to contact the council but decided to leave it a day. That evening all was revealed. Our next door neighbours' parents had taken it in, thinking it was theirs, as our neighbours are self isolating. Mr Neighbour was out on t'bike, and going down a hill, applied the front brake rather too vigourously for the greasy road conditions beneath. He locked the front wheel, and went over the top, breaking a rib and collar bone. To add insult to injury, he believes he caught Covid in A@E, although it was quite a mild case, luckily. My test came back negative by the way.
So the moral of the story is........don't put your garden bins out when the roads are greasy , in a pandemic.

Advice duly noted.
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

yostumpy wrote:Just seen this thread, as I've been 'well crook'. Mrs Stumpy put the bins out Tues Night, and Wednesday the Garden bin was missing. I was going to contact the council but decided to leave it a day. That evening all was revealed. Our next door neighbours' parents had taken it in, thinking it was theirs, as our neighbours are self isolating. Mr Neighbour was out on t'bike, and going down a hill, applied the front brake rather too vigourously for the greasy road conditions beneath. He locked the front wheel, and went over the top, breaking a rib and collar bone. To add insult to injury, he believes he caught Covid in A@E, although it was quite a mild case, luckily. My test came back negative by the way.

Why did you need a test ?
yostumpy

Post by yostumpy »

Cowsham wrote:

I've had quite bad symptoms from Monday lunchtime, tested Tuesday morn, results back 6 am Wed. negative. A coincidence that my neighbour had Covid, yet I was probably much much worse than him , by the sounds of it, yet he was positive, and we don't mix at all, Don't know what I had, worsest I have ever been, but no cough. Mind you, he has got a broken collar bone and rib, so maybe evens. :wink:
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

yostumpy wrote:
Cowsham wrote:

I've had quite bad symptoms from Monday lunchtime, tested Tuesday morn, results back 6 am Wed. negative. A coincidence that my neighbour had Covid, yet I was probably much much worse than him , by the sounds of it, yet he was positive, and we don't mix at all, Don't know what I had, worsest I have ever been, but no cough. Mind you, he has got a broken collar bone and rib, so maybe evens. :wink:

Thought it was something to do with you getting your bin back with an early Xmas present :lol: