How many days cycled 2020?

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
Cyril Haearn

How many days cycled 2020?

Post by Cyril Haearn »

I took up cycling seriously 1973. Peter Knottley reported in Cycling Weakly that he has cycled every day of the year, so I did likewise in 1974
Never did that again but I do cycle on more than half the days each year, this year it should be about 235 days
I think that is better than obsessing with fewer long day rides as I used to, or maybe Both are True/Best

Anybody still doing the Full Monty, 365/366 days a year?
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
Jdsk

Re: How many days cycled 2020?

Post by Jdsk »

There are several reporting days ridden in "Twenty a day for 2020?"
https://forum.cyclinguk.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=135208

I don't have any targets of that sort. If it's wet or windy I generally prefer to walk, as do some others.

Jonathan
Ride-sleep-repeat

Post by Ride-sleep-repeat »

According to Strava/Veloviewer I've ridden 4,385km,climbed 33,318m over 125 rides.I plan 2 rides this week so that will go up slightly.
I go for quality over quantity :D
Tiberius

Post by Tiberius »

I can't give an accurate figure but I would say that I definitely hit 300, perhaps even 330. I don't do big mileage days but I'm out and about on the bike most days.

Average cycling mileage for the year was just over 10 miles/day and my phone app thing says that I walked an average of 4 miles/day.

That'll do.
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

I have recorded all my rides since 2003
On paper :wink:
Marcus Aurelius

Post by Marcus Aurelius »

About 46 days for me this year ( assuming riding 24hrs a day, 7 days a week). This has been an unusual quiet year for me, given the issues with being able to do the big rides, because of this pandemic.
Last edited by Marcus Aurelius on 28 Dec 2020, 6:02pm, edited 2 times in total.
sjs

Post by sjs »

Fewer days cycled than in any year since about 1984. No commuting since March, harder and less enjoyable to do day rides when no reliable cafes, pubs, destinations in general. Just general lack of enthusiasm.
DaveBeck

Post by DaveBeck »

305 rides in around 250+ days. 5300 miles.

Sadly done a lot more since all the lockdowns as not able to work.

Dave B
Ride-sleep-repeat

Marcus Aurelius wrote:About 46 days for me this year ( assuming riding 24hrs a day, 7 days a week). This has been an unusual quiet year for me, given the issues with being able to do the big rides, because of this pandemic.

Our side by side comparisons on Strava show you have ridden 6,646.8kms/4,129.6 miles in 294h 45mins.
I take it you're still using multiple devices on each ride?You once stated on BikeRadar you used 3 devices at the same time? Using multiple devices and trebling your ride stats doesn't really count does it?
rareposter

Post by rareposter »

Cyril Haearn wrote:Anybody still doing the Full Monty, 365/366 days a year?

I'm not sure I could think of anything worse than riding every single day! Same with that Twenty in 20 / Thirty in 30 and so on. I don't mind distance challenges (like the Festive 500 on at the moment, 500km in 8 days from 24th - 31st Dec inclusive) where you can more or less choose your routes, the days you ride and so on but the idea of riding every day for a week/month/year sounds horrendous to me!

Anyway, Strava reckons I've done 170 days so far this year. I never used to record commutes on Strava, then I started recording but kept them private so I'm not really sure how it compares to previous years in terms of overall time on the bike. This year I've done very little commuting due to working from home since March - ironically that's made it much easier to just log off and be out the door straight onto quiet roads rather than having to endure 15 miles of urban crap each way so in terms of quality, a great improvement!
peetee

Post by peetee »

I’ve recorded 161 and several more were done when I forgot to take my device so I would estimate 170 in total. That equates to an average of around 15 miles per ride. TBH, I thought the total would be greater but given that the previous ten years or so contained next-to-no miles I am happy to let it be and look forward to setting my goals for next year.
The older I get the more I’m inclined to act my shoe size, not my age.
Pebble

Post by Pebble »

I seem to be cataloguing my descent into madness

assuming 2 more rides this year adding up to 61 miles
Last edited by Pebble on 28 Dec 2020, 7:27pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

You could try for the year mileage record if you keep on improving, worked out at 222 miles average per day, or more now I fear
I guess the key is going fast so one can get enough sleep :wink:
Marcus Aurelius

Post by Marcus Aurelius »

Ride-sleep-repeat wrote:
Marcus Aurelius wrote:About 46 days for me this year ( assuming riding 24hrs a day, 7 days a week). This has been an unusual quiet year for me, given the issues with being able to do the big rides, because of this pandemic.

Our side by side comparisons on Strava show you have ridden 6,646.8kms/4,129.6 miles in 294h 45mins.
I take it you're still using multiple devices on each ride?You once stated on BikeRadar you used 3 devices at the same time? Using multiple devices and trebling your ride stats doesn't really count does it?

It seems my last rebuttal got removed, so put it like this, my lawyer disagrees with you.
Ride-sleep-repeat

Marcus Aurelius wrote:
Ride-sleep-repeat wrote:

It seems my last rebuttal got removed, so put it like this, my lawyer disagrees with you.

So your lawyer disagrees?Disagrees with what.That you're pretending to have ridden 14,000 miles this year when you've actually ridden 4,129.6 or that you aren't recording on multiple devices and then adding up the totals as you have been doing for a number of years now?

I'm curious,what do you actually gain from adding miles from 3(or 4?) devices?It's obvious you haven't done the miles so what is the point?You've obviously edited out the image in your OP as well.My lawyer rests his case.