Identity of cyclist killed in Boston crash sought

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
thirdcrank

Identity of cyclist killed in Boston crash sought

Post by thirdcrank »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-l ... e-55508178

(Thread title amended after death of rider.)
Last edited by thirdcrank on 2 Jan 2021, 1:32pm, edited 1 time in total.
jgurney

Re: Identity of cyclist hurt in Boston crash sought

Post by jgurney »

The article reads:

"The identity of a cyclist with a missing finger who was seriously injured in a crash is being sought by police. The man, believed to be a Romanian national, was hit by a car near Boston, Lincolnshire, on Thursday night. Officers said they believe he lives in the area and the force urgently wants to make contact with his next of kin. A 35-year-old woman and a 30-year-old man arrested at the scene remain in police custody. The force said the man, who is missing his left ring finger, was cycling towards the A17 at the time of the crash. He collided with a silver Ford Tourneo on the A1121 Boardsides at about 21:15 GMT, police said. Officers have asked anyone who saw the cyclist or have dashcam footage to contact them."

Presumably the victim is unconscious and had no identification upon him.
thirdcrank

Re: Identity of cyclist hurt in Boston crash sought

Post by thirdcrank »

I presume that's right. The link also includes an image of the casualty

========================================================================================
Edit.

Casualty has been identified but sadly has died.

https://www.lincs.police.uk/news-campai ... collision/
ChrisP100

Re: Identity of cyclist killed in Boston crash sought

Post by ChrisP100 »

That's a treacherous road in broad daylight, let alone in the dark.
Mike Sales

Post by Mike Sales »

ChrisP100 wrote:That's a treacherous road in broad daylight, let alone in the dark.

What characteristics of this road lead you to describe it as treacherous?
I know it, I live near it, and have ridden it. I have never seen it as particularly worse than many others in the area. Sure, these busy, fast A roads have their dangers and are nasty to ride, but Boardsides is table flat and ruler straight except for two slight curves. The A 17 hereabouts for instance is rather worse to my thinking.
It's the same the whole world over
It's the poor what gets the blame
It's the rich what gets the pleasure
Isn't it a blooming shame?
ChrisP100

Post by ChrisP100 »

Mike Sales wrote:
ChrisP100 wrote:That's a treacherous road in broad daylight, let alone in the dark.

What characteristics of this road lead you to describe it as treacherous?
I know it, I live near it, and have ridden it. I have never seen it as particularly worse than many others in the area. Sure, these busy, fast A roads have their dangers and are nasty to ride, but Boardsides is table flat and ruler straight except for two slight curves. The A 17 hereabouts for instance is rather worse to my thinking.

I guess your average rural Lincolnshire road. I seem to recall it being quite exposed and narrow, and the wind can certainly whip across there. Also, vehicles don't tend to give you a lot of room, especially with oncoming traffic.