"Pothole" Bike

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
cycle tramp

Re: "Pothole" Bike

Post by cycle tramp »

rotavator wrote:
I guess if those potholes get much bigger they will all join up and will form a new, smooth but slightly lower road.

You could well be right :D but for the moment even the 4x4s are taking this lane cautiously
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Don’t ride through puddles - has everyone forgotten the vicar of dibley?
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
MikeF

Post by MikeF »

cycle tramp wrote:
rotavator wrote:
I guess if those potholes get much bigger they will all join up and will form a new, smooth but slightly lower road.

You could well be right :D but for the moment even the 4x4s are taking this lane cautiously

I presume you are using a public byway (BOAT) so it's unlikely to receive much more improvement, but you could ask. :wink:
"It takes a genius to spot the obvious" - my old physics master.
I don't peddle bikes.
Sid Aluminium

Post by Sid Aluminium »

Anthony_ wrote:Never mind "Endurance" or "Gravel" or "Adventure". What is the solution to the potholes?

At first, I thought of suggesting a Pashley Roadster Sovereign with its 28" wheels (28" wheels being larger than the new 29" size because that's the way it's done in the world of bicycles).

But why do things in part measure? Go straight for the Truebike with its 36" wheels.