Perfect winters day on the road

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
Pebble

Perfect winters day on the road

Post by Pebble »

Just one of those rides that is near perfect, wish these were normal winter conditions

Some very dark clouds start to gave chase
I tried to out run them, but couldn't
gbnz

Re: Perfect winters day on the road

Post by gbnz »

The first two look very similar to my winter walk yesterday (Nb. Somehow the 30-40 mile ride, has changed for a 10-12 mile walk in the past few days)

What part of the country is it?
Pebble

Post by Pebble »

gbnz wrote:The first two look very similar to my winter walk yesterday (Nb. Somehow the 30-40 mile ride, has changed for a 10-12 mile walk in the past few days)

What part of the country is it?

the far north of notrhumberland
gbnz

Post by gbnz »

Pebble wrote:the far north of notrhumberland

Yep, thought is looked strangely similar to Milfield Plain :wink: Will be braving the bike and a similar view from twenty miles further down South this afternoon (Nb. Snows off the road, no wind, blue skies and sun forecast all day :D . Feel's like life's coming back)
ChrisButch

Post by ChrisButch »

Lovely. Off-topic - looks as if you've got a steerer extender on the bike. I'm thinking of getting one. Any issues?
cyclop

Post by cyclop »

Excuse me for butting in.Had these extenders on two road bikes after a disc(back)problem.No issues apart from a small change in handling,soon adapted to.Taken them off when my back got better.Some a bit sleeker than others,think I paid about £15-00 each off ebay.
tykeboy2003

Post by tykeboy2003 »

Not so much snow round South Derbyshire but absolutely perishing, after my 20-mile ride my toes were like blocks of ice despite ordinary socks with skiing socks over the top. Also had to keep folding my thumbs inside my hands otherwise they got painfully cold.
Pebble

Post by Pebble »

ChrisButch wrote:Lovely. Off-topic - looks as if you've got a steerer extender on the bike. I'm thinking of getting one. Any issues?

cyclop wrote:Excuse me for butting in.Had these extenders on two road bikes after a disc(back)problem.No issues apart from a small change in handling,soon adapted to.Taken them off when my back got better.Some a bit sleeker than others,think I paid about £15-00 each off ebay.

I too went for the extended steer after rupturing a couple of disks at the same time (what a mess) but that was a decade or more ago. I could probably go back to normal steerer height now, but as speed is not a concern and as I spend many many hours on the bike comfort is my main priority I think I just prefer the more upright position - It does sort of uglify the bike, but that doesn't really matter.

gbnz wrote:Yep, thought is looked strangely similar to Milfield Plain :wink: Will be braving the bike and a similar view from twenty miles further down South this afternoon (Nb. Snows off the road, no wind, blue skies and sun forecast all day :D . Feel's like life's coming back)

A little west of their, Mindrum area, don't want to stray too far over the border and displease queen nicola.
Pebble

Post by Pebble »

Anyway- back to this wonderful weather. An absolute shocking -9°C as I set off this morning, but it was worth it, what a fantastic day to be out riding. 5 hours to do 36 miles :shock: spent too much time playing with the camera.
Here are a few more pics - the trees were just amazing

peetee

Post by peetee »

Terrific photos. Thanks for sharing.
The older I get the more I’m inclined to act my shoe size, not my age.
francovendee

Post by francovendee »

Lovely photos but I feel cold just looking at them!
ChrisButch

Post by ChrisButch »

Thanks. Neck, in my case.
Golflad

Post by Golflad »

Great pics. Thanks for sharing. That looks like a very Roman road?
Golflad

Post by Golflad »

Great pics, thanks. Looks like a very Roman road you were on?
Jamesh

Post by Jamesh »

Lovely pictures!

Btw what's you camera?

Cheers James