Pothole accident

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
Tangled Metal

Re: Pothole accident

Post by Tangled Metal »

The hole i hit was big enough to damage cars. It's just not where a car goes. I need to take a look later. Tbh I don't exactly remember what it looks like.

The small wheels get pushed around but they're stronger. I reckon my full sized bike would have seen me take a flyer and buckled the wheel too. At least I've got no real bike repair costs. I think I have a 16" inner tube from when my son had a 16" bike. Virtually the only cost is to my arm! Time will heal that.

I don't it's worth bothering with much more than a letter informing them of the accident and costs incurred. New tyre, inner tube and glasses. The latter is the only big cost here.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

I've never forgotten my pothole incident. I still have colly-wobbles even driving down that hill! :shock:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=15264
Mick F. Cornwall
mjr

Post by mjr »

Tangled Metal wrote:The hole i hit was big enough to damage cars. It's just not where a car goes. I need to take a look later. Tbh I don't exactly remember what it looks like.

Take a picture. Just in case you discover even more damage (to your stuff or yourself) later and change your mind about suing the road owner. Or in case someone else hits it and asks you to prove that you told the landlord about the same hole.
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
geocycle

Post by geocycle »

Might be worth mentioning this to the local councillor. I know there is a plan to redevelop large parts of the estate and also clean up the route from the willow lane entrance to the new housing estate on to the Quay via Fife Street. She might be interested and use it to add pressure on the owners. The full route through the estate is dreadful with lorries and an awful road surface. It is a good test for the tank like quality of my Thorn but you could disappear on a brommie.

They are also taking the old factory chimney down so look up as well as down!

https://www.lancasterguardian.co.uk/new ... te-3166058