Personal details exchange after bike against bike accident

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
nez

Re: Personal details exchange after bike against bike accident

Post by nez »

Xbigman wrote: 4 Apr 2021, 10:55am For insurance purposes an Ebike is classed as a vehicle with mechanical assistance not as a vehicle with mechanical propulsion. So an Ebike is just a bicycle under the law.

Darren
Thanks for this. Makes sense
eileithyia

Post by eileithyia »

thirdcrank wrote: 4 Apr 2021, 9:24pm I'd suggest that proper legal advice is invaluable, especially if you have a personal injury claim. Many solicitors will give you a free assessment of your chances of making a successful claim. A solicitor should also know the procedure for getting info from the police.

I don't claim to be up-to-date but a big problem is that the rules have been changed to make the various types of conditional fee arrangement unsuitable / unavailable for many smaller claims.

If there's any possibility of a claim, preserve all the evidence including your receipts for everything. If you do have an interview with a solicitor, make sure you have all the details readily available so you get maximum benefit.
I agree, engage a solicitor. Your time off work alone is worthy pursuing a claim against the other party's insurance. You might also need to note that in your contract there might be a disclaimer that should you be involved in an accident where you put in a claim you are also required to claim employer's expenses..... EG when I had my last my accident the solicitor contacted my works finance department to determine their costs which were then added to the claim. Be wary of not doing this, as if your employer gets whiff of a claim going ahead and their expenses are not factored in, you might find they request to be reimbursed from what you personally receive.

Your solicitor will be able to gain access to police records and follow up the claim.

Keep receipts but also keep a diary of your injuries, pain, recovery... because as time progresses (and sorry sometimes these claims can take while) you will have forgotten time lines.
I stand and rejoice everytime I see a woman ride by on a wheel the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood. HG Wells
alexnharvey

Post by alexnharvey »

Why should the details be provided to a solicitor but not to the complainant?(assuming no risk that the injured party intends to harm the other person etc). Is there some policy that allows the police to provide it to your agent but not to you?