Moda bikes

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
Scottish.cyclist.lad

Moda bikes

Post by Scottish.cyclist.lad »

Who knows anything about Moda bikes?

I don't recall ever seeing one on the road and the information I can find on the web are very very scarce. Not many youtube videos, almost non-existent web and social media presence.
Jdsk

Re: Moda bikes

Post by Jdsk »

This Moda?

https://www.moda-bikes.com

Jonathan
Scottish.cyclist.lad

yes.

barely any information on their website. on instagram they do have photos of some pretty good looking bikes, but zero info about those bikes on their website.

I've found just a couple of reviews on bikeradar of some old models, and a handful of youtube videos. And yet the bikes seem to be pretty well specced and on the medium high end spectrum of price.

Seems so strange to find so little info.
markjohnobrien

Post by markjohnobrien »

Search single track forum (UK one linked to single track magazine) information on there.
Raleigh Randonneur 708 (Magura hydraulic brakes); Blue Raleigh Randonneur 708 dynamo; Pearson Compass 631 tourer; Dawes One Down 631 dynamo winter bike;Raleigh Travelogue 708 tourer dynamo; Kona Sutra; Trek 920 disc Sram Force.
markjohnobrien

Post by markjohnobrien »

Raleigh Randonneur 708 (Magura hydraulic brakes); Blue Raleigh Randonneur 708 dynamo; Pearson Compass 631 tourer; Dawes One Down 631 dynamo winter bike;Raleigh Travelogue 708 tourer dynamo; Kona Sutra; Trek 920 disc Sram Force.
Scottish.cyclist.lad

Did some research, they look alright, although with some very questionable colour choices in some past models.

Hate the logo though so I'm afraid moda bikes end up on my no-no list :lol:
TrevA

Post by TrevA »

A lot of my friends ride Moda bikes as they are made/assembled in Derby, and we sometimes cycle with the guy who runs the company. They do nice carbon bikes and I’ve ridden one of their track bikes at Derby Velodrome. My mates rate them - they seem reliable and I’ve not heard of any breakages.
Sherwood CC and Notts CTC.
A cart horse trapped in the body of a man.
http://www.jogler2009.blogspot.com
Scottish.cyclist.lad

TrevA wrote: 21 Apr 2021, 7:11pm ...and we sometimes cycle with the guy who runs the company...
Great, can you ask him to get rid of the awful rose in their logo? :lol: