Deliberate Close Passing /Assault and now just too scared to ride to work.

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
ChrisP100

Re: Deliberate Close Passing /Assault and now just too scared to ride to work.

Post by ChrisP100 »

Pinkie wrote: 18 Nov 2021, 11:36pm
Tiggertoo wrote: 18 Nov 2021, 11:23pm No need to be snide, Pinkie.

But wouldn't it be nice if all the yahoos were no longer in charge of their cars when on the road. Maybe one day, we can hope.
I'm not being snide, I cheerful predict death and destruction from driverless cars, as they cant tell the difference from a hedge blowing in the breeze and a cyclist adjacent to said hedge and from a myriad of other possible teething problems

There also seems to be inherent flaws, that a) they will be exspensive b) idiots need to recognise they are idiots and choose to buy them c) they have an over ride switch should they be in a hurry and wish to close pass you

I think no cars will arrive before auto cars, hell we cant sort out electric scooters, how long will it take to approve driverless cars, then the first 3000 car pile up on the m6 caused by a,solar storm and unapproved them again

Apple dont have an unblemished record of making really unreliable computers, why would you trust them with 2 ton killing machines
Maybe bicycles could be fitted with some kind of proximity warning device which interfaces with the cars? Or the rider wears a radar/IR reflective jacket/patch that is easily discernible from any background clutter?

It would be a bit like my 2 rear flashing lights, but unlike drivers the cars computer wouldn't be able to ignore them.
Tiggertoo

Re: Deliberate Close Passing /Assault and now just too scared to ride to work.

Post by Tiggertoo »

Pinkie, It's nearly Christmas, and you can wish for anything you like for Christmas. :D