Close pass by a Stagecoach bus, West Sussex

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
RecumbentRide

Close pass by a Stagecoach bus, West Sussex

Post by RecumbentRide »

This is just a tentative enquiry. Last Friday on my way home from work a Stagecoach double decker came a bit close but it's not something I want to take forward to the Police just yet, unless it happens again. Okay so what I want to know is how do I best progress this matter if I want to contact Stagecoach directly? Who do I contact so the driver can be spoken to and made more aware?
PT1029

Re: Close pass by a Stagecoach bus, West Sussex

Post by PT1029 »

I would try to work out where the local bus depot is and write to the fleet manager, it will probably get to the right place.
Aim to give date/time/location/direction of travel. If you have the service number/registration number even better.
If you mention "so the driver can be spoken to and made more aware?" it will help you appear as a fair complainer.

The last time I complained to Stagecoach (I complain about once every 5 - 7 years), (I was able to thump the passenger doors). I had a fair reply, plus a later reply from the driver supervisor saying he would be checking on that driver for the next few months.
As far as I remember, on that occasion I used the online contact us form with for attention of the fleet manager.

Complainers experiences seem to vary, some on this forum have felt fobbed off when complaining about buses/coaches. Around Oxford (where I am) there are a lot more cyclists, and the drivers are probably more cycle aware than some other areas.
foxyrider

Post by foxyrider »

Stagecoach are usually pretty good with complaints - contact them asap as the buses have cctv and the managers can look at this before escalating things.
Convention? what's that then?
Airnimal Chameleon touring, Orbit Pro hack, Orbit Photon audax, Focus Mares AX tour, Peugeot Carbon sportive, Owen Blower vintage race - all running Tulio's finest!
eileithyia

Post by eileithyia »

As above I email, them with complaints but also have been known to email with compliments.
I stand and rejoice everytime I see a woman ride by on a wheel the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood. HG Wells
Ride-sleep-repeat

Post by Ride-sleep-repeat »

foxyrider wrote: 26 Apr 2021, 11:02am Stagecoach are usually pretty good with complaints - contact them asap as the buses have cctv and the managers can look at this before escalating things.
I found them excellent when my Brother,then a Stagecoach Driver,was posting threats regarding cyclists and pedestrians versus his bus on Facebook.I emailed his area manager and included screenshots and links.He was disciplined with a written warning.
RecumbentRide

Post by RecumbentRide »

Thank you folks. They did reply the next day to say my email would be passed on to the relevant party. It's nearly been a week now and have not heard anything further so will give it a few days before reaching out again. I have my own video footage fore and aft ready to supply as evidence.