Little by little

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
Adjunct Satyr

Little by little

Post by Adjunct Satyr »

I started cycling in March this year after not cycling since a child. I bought bikes for myself, my wife and my two boys. They've joined in different combinations on lots of the rides and it's been great.

The numbers aren't huge when compared to some but I'm comparing to my lazy a** which was sat on the sofa watching TV before March. I've now surpassed 500kms and quite proud :)
Attachments
Capture.PNG
New to cycling (March 2021) and enjoying every bit so far!
markjohnobrien

Re: Little by little

Post by markjohnobrien »

Adjunct Satyr wrote: 3 May 2021, 9:34pm I started cycling in March this year after not cycling since a child. I bought bikes for myself, my wife and my two boys. They've joined in different combinations on lots of the rides and it's been great.

The numbers aren't huge when compared to some but I'm comparing to my lazy a** which was sat on the sofa watching TV before March. I've now surpassed 500kms and quite proud :)
Well done: sometimes when the weather is bad, the wind is howling, and rain pouring down it is difficult for most people to get on a bike.

Make the most of the family cycle rides. My little boy is still very keen but my daughter (11) is no longer interested.
Raleigh Randonneur 708 (Magura hydraulic brakes); Blue Raleigh Randonneur 708 dynamo; Pearson Compass 631 tourer; Dawes One Down 631 dynamo winter bike;Raleigh Travelogue 708 tourer dynamo; Kona Sutra; Trek 920 disc Sram Force.
Adjunct Satyr

Post by Adjunct Satyr »

I know what you mean about the weather! I got soaked last night :lol:

This is definitely going to be a life-long commitment now. I have taken anti-depressants on and off for the past 10 years and I am determined cycling will get me off of them!

Absolutely - love that my lads are keen at the minute!
New to cycling (March 2021) and enjoying every bit so far!
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

Well done.

Great exercise, made even better with the family.

Touring... ?

Jonathan
iandusud

Post by iandusud »

What a wonderful post. Cycling is a great family activity and so good for your health both physically and mentally.
ClappedOut

Post by ClappedOut »

Some of us will never be athletes (first in the queue would be me) but improving health is important for everyone.
Keep up the good work.
eileithyia

Post by eileithyia »

All journeys start with that first step or turn of a pedal.
Well done
I stand and rejoice everytime I see a woman ride by on a wheel the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood. HG Wells
peetee

Post by peetee »

Excellent news. I’m sure you will feel the benefits. The trick is not to set unrealistic goals. Ride at your own pace and don’t forget to stop and take in the scenery - not just the wide view but the detail in sight, sound and smells you will otherwise pass on the way. There’s more to cycling than km numbers, much more.
The older I get the more I’m inclined to act my shoe size, not my age.