Bike crash in ford

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
resus1uk

Re: Bike crash in ford

Post by resus1uk »

I like fords on a trike and have several near me in the Peak District to play in.
Whilst fun they are dangerous.
Recent flood water concealed big holes . A car driver was swept away and drowned in a local Derbyshire ford. The car was not found for some time, .Another incident in floods drowned a car passenger.
Most Peak District fords are mossy, my nearest is approached from Moss Lane which gives a clue..
Debris underwater dislodged by floods adds to hazards.
RickH

Post by RickH »

Mike Sales wrote: 3 Jun 2021, 11:04am
Mick F wrote: 3 Jun 2021, 11:00am How about bunny-hopping? :lol:
A piece of duff for Danny Macaskill.
Something like this @2:36. It is Chris Akrigg doing the stepping stones at Bolton Abbey, Danny appears later doing other stuff.

Former member of the Cult of the Polystyrene Head Carbuncle.
djnotts

Post by djnotts »

If Danny did the backwards front wheel downhill in a Grand Tour he'd so freak the peloton that would probably win!
glpinxit1

Post by glpinxit1 »

jb wrote: 3 Jun 2021, 8:08pm According to the OS map there is supposed to be a ford near Nappa on the River Ribble, I've looked and looked but can only see deep water and big rocks, but there is the remains of a lane going down to the river.
Maybe I need a snorkel.
Do you mean this one? Described here- http://www.wetroads.co.uk/northyorkshire.htm under "Nappa". (Note to self, I need to update the entry for the ford at the end of my road.)
Attachments
0F3F2225-EB03-45D4-9506-6B221107B427.png
jb

Post by jb »

It's the one above that near Swinden. It's not marked as a ford on that map but the bridleway clearly shown on both sides and the lane continuing up to Swinden.
I'll check it out on some older maps.
Cheers
J Bro