Appeal a Fine?

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
thirdcrank

Re: Appeal a Fine?

Post by thirdcrank »

That type of claim against the highways department is a civil matter ie claim for compo. I can't really see a connection here.
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

thirdcrank wrote: 3 Sep 2021, 8:27pm That type of claim against the highways department is a civil matter ie claim for compo. I can't really see a connection here.
It was more about my experience dealing with Highways and their "we can do no wrong attitude" - hence I'd expect if they look at their signage they tell yu straight out it's 110% perfect. Otherwise you are right, not relevant to FPN.

(I have a very low opinion of our Highways department based on experience. Just starting another complaint where they got it completely wrong underlying cause arrogance that they know everything except they had to admit for FOI that they didn't have any basis for a claim they'd made)

Ian
mjr

Post by mjr »

Psamathe wrote: 3 Sep 2021, 8:32pm (I have a very low opinion of our Highways department based on experience. Just starting another complaint where they got it completely wrong underlying cause arrogance that they know everything except they had to admit for FOI that they didn't have any basis for a claim they'd made)
(and for those who don't know, I believe that's Norfolk Highways, whose arrogance I believe has allowed at least one speeding motorist to kill a cyclist unpunished due to incorrect signs and ombudsman rulings against them following cycling campaigner complaints. Not TfL)
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
st599_uk

Post by st599_uk »

Did they take out the segregated cycle lane that has been there since lockdown 1 (albeit on the inside of the gyratory)?

There has been a barriered off cycle lane all the way round, with cycle only access towards Shepherds Bush Green and Wood Lane, both of which also have barriered off cycle lanes.
A novice learning...
“the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.”