Odd signs.....

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
simonhill

Re: Odd signs.....

Post by simonhill »

It's not only other dog's bottoms that we sniff.
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

LollyKat wrote: 17 Sep 2021, 9:36am I read it as “Beware - dogs chase wheelchairs here”!
Dog is far too passive for that :lol:
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
MikeF

Post by MikeF »

Here's another very odd sign
sign.jpg
At least this 40 tonne lorry driver thought so especially as his lorry became stuck. There are certainly odd signs on twisty "C" roads :wink: .
"It takes a genius to spot the obvious" - my old physics master.
I don't peddle bikes.
Jamesh

Post by Jamesh »

https://photos.app.goo.gl/aawTu8oJuD7tcfuR7

I rode past it today.

I'm thinking it's a disabled person walking a dog?

Cheers James
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

WheelChairFreedom.jpg
WheelChairFreedom.jpg (12.72 KiB) Viewed 440 times
That person is enabled by the wheelchair.
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
Bmblbzzz

Post by Bmblbzzz »

[XAP]Bob wrote: 16 Sep 2021, 8:10pm That is the active wheelchair user logo, which is far nicer than the static ISO ones...

https://accessibleicon.org

Given that it is an Australian style sign I wonder if there is a wheelchair user who lives locally who has had issues with motorists being idiots?
Interesting link. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.
jb

Post by jb »

The 'bath chair' or wheel chair is simply a chair with wheels on to transport a person from one place to another - much like a motor car really - its presence has no bearing on the person's ability.
Cheers
J Bro
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Except that use of a wheelchair is significantly harder and less convenient than walking... so if walking is an option then people won't use a chair.

However using the chair opens up a world of possibility when walking isn't an option - it took me about 45 minutes to get bread and milk from the supermarket using walking poles (and I knew where both were) - I can do a full shop in 15 using my chair (but then I am an orangutan, so I can still reach the top shelf :mrgreen: )

I'd never heard them referred to as a bath chair... that's a bit of history I learnt today.