More bikes on the road

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
Big T

More bikes on the road

Post by Big T »

Cycling to work this morning, I noticed a definite increase in the number of bikes on the road. At one point, there were 5 of us waiting for the lights to change at the head of a queue of traffic (nothing like London levels, I know, but rare for round here). Perhaps petrol prices are starting to bite.
lauriematt

Post by lauriematt »

im still waiting to see the ' increase in cyclists ' that everyones talkin about...

i cycle mostly off-peak times like early morning...every few weeks i might come across maybe one other cyclist if im lucky
WHAT DOESNT KILL YOU .... CAN ONLY MAKE YOU STRONGER
jezer

Post by jezer »

It's TdF time, you always see more riders out. The same as people playing tennis during Wimbledon.
Power to the pedals
Sepulchre

Post by Sepulchre »

I agree

Definite increase of late, particualrly in London.
I've noticed an increase in the past two years, steady.

I think the Mayoral campaign for people to get on their bikes is starting to work.

It does mean there are quite a few eijets who cycle on cruddy things, don't know how to signal and are listening to ipods, jump red lights. hey ho. the more of us on the damn things the better to be honest.

Defence against white van man.
"How can I be of use in the world? Can't I serve some purpose and be of any good?"
Vincent Van Gogh to Theo
July 1880
Letter 133
Lawrie9

Post by Lawrie9 »

Seems to be a lot of weekend novice leisure cyclists just lately but we have a long way to catch up on continental Europe. Can remember passing through Belgium and Holland on the train and was amazed at the number of people riding to work, school, college etc.