Worst personalized number plate

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
PT1029

Re: Worst personalized number plate

Post by PT1029 »

Years ago one of our neighbours called Kevin - quite moneyed with a big house he'd had built for himeself - got H1 KEV.
Feedback some months later was he regretted it as everyone took the P1 SS!
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Hellhound wrote: 2 Dec 2021, 12:24pm
thirdcrank wrote: 2 Dec 2021, 9:57am If that's correct, it must be a good candidate for being the "worst personalised number plate" if the best spells something.
A friends wife had J600 ENA as her personal plate.When I asked her what it was meant to say she said it was her name.I said "so your name is J600"? she replied "no it's Jenny,ignore the 600 and it says 'Jena' which is short for Jenny"
She wasn't happy with my reply :lol: :lol: :lol:
This is exactly what I'm on about. The woeful plates that even when explained still don't make much sense.
I am here. Where are you?
hemo

Post by hemo »

Should have asked if the '600' was an age representation.
flat tyre

Post by flat tyre »

I saw 1 8 TAX on a bloatwagon on the Isle of Wight (presumably "I hate tax"), as it was taking up some 75% of the road paid for by errr... taxes I suppose that the owner doesn't understand irony.
colin54

Post by colin54 »

How about this one Cowsham, a poor enough pun for you ? Fitted on a Ford Mustang 'Bullitt' - Ford's modern homage to the Steve McQueen film of that name's '60's Mustang.
P1160235 (2).JPG
It reads more like something a landlord with property infestation issues might use.
Nu-Fogey
DaveReading

Post by DaveReading »

I had an attack of the gugs once .... never again !

Bubs are even worse ...
colin54

Post by colin54 »

DaveReading wrote: 7 Dec 2021, 8:03am I had an attack of the gugs once .... never again !

Bubs are even worse ...
It seems weird they've put the white screw cap on the B so it looks like a G, negating an already weird choice , unless the owner's an admirer of Dutch football legend Ruud Gullit of course.
Nu-Fogey
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

colin54 wrote: 7 Dec 2021, 4:28am How about this one Cowsham, a poor enough pun for you ? Fitted on a Ford Mustang 'Bullitt' - Ford's modern homage to the Steve McQueen film of that name's '60's Mustang.
P1160235 (2).JPG
It reads more like something a landlord with property infestation issues might use.
Yep -- to add insult to injury -- the car looks nothing like the Steve Mc Queen Mustang.
hemo

Post by hemo »

One has to be a sandwich short of a picnic or just deluded to think it may mean something that is rational, certainly very little in the way of logic used.
Hellhound

Post by Hellhound »

Cowsham wrote: 7 Dec 2021, 10:24am
colin54 wrote: 7 Dec 2021, 4:28am How about this one Cowsham, a poor enough pun for you ? Fitted on a Ford Mustang 'Bullitt' - Ford's modern homage to the Steve McQueen film of that name's '60's Mustang.
P1160235 (2).JPG
Yep -- to add insult to injury -- the car looks nothing like the Steve Mc Queen Mustang.
My mate has one.....lovely 5.0 V8 480bhp.Might not look as classy as the original but goes like fff.....and actually handles well too.My next car,but not the Bullitt model.
Ben@Forest

Post by Ben@Forest »

I've not only seen but travelled in a car with the reg plate 80TOX. The owner (at least at that time) was a plastic surgeon.

Years ago in East Anglia I saw what I thought was P19 5TY which I thought was hilarious and I wondered if the owner had pig farming or pork processing interests but the gov.uk website doesn't bring it up so it was either something similar or made up to look like that (there's a lot of pig farms round that way).
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

I don't think that there has ever been a configuration of year letter + three numbers + two letters

ie I believe that ever since year letters were introduced - originally the letter A at the end - there could be 1 - 3 numbers but always three letters, originally denoting the licensing office, more recently the DVLA's regions.

So P19 STY is theoretically possible, although I don't know if it was ever issued or if it still exists
PDQ Mobile

Post by PDQ Mobile »

thirdcrank wrote: 7 Dec 2021, 8:59pm I don't think that there has ever been a configuration of year letter + three numbers + two letters

ie I believe that ever since year letters were introduced - originally the letter A at the end - there could be 1 - 3 numbers but always three letters, originally denoting the licensing office, more recently the DVLA's regions.

So P19 STY is theoretically possible, although I don't know if it was ever issued or if it still exists
I read somewhere that single digit plates were not issued after a certain date and all plates started at "20".

My searching skills are too poor to get a result but I think it is correct.
Edit - this refers to older three letter/"three" number, plus suffix/ prefix letter types.
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

Thinks: perhaps the regs could be changed to require a brief explanation of the plate in a Geddit? sort of way.

That my be developed to that when somebody applied to the DVLA for a special plate it could be rated a bit like the strength of passwords.
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Screenshot_20211208-223718_Chrome.jpg