Worst personalized number plate

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
Cowsham

Worst personalized number plate

Post by Cowsham »

I'll start off with
_IMG_000000_000000.jpg
ANGPEW??
I am here. Where are you?
Phil Fouracre

Re: Worst personalized number plate

Post by Phil Fouracre »

ANGPEW?

Surely Andrew?
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

That's the idea -- what's the worst most tenuous link you've seen on your travels?
Wilhelmus

Post by Wilhelmus »

Last edited by Wilhelmus on 25 Nov 2021, 2:20pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stradageek

Post by Stradageek »

Anything with CEO in the number as it speaks of someone with a serious inferiority complex :lol:

This allies to my well established hypothesis that the size of the car is directly proportional to the magnitude of the drivers inferiority complex and inversely proportional to size of the drivers d***.

But more seriously, what does it say about our society that so many people are prepared to waste a not insignificant quantity of money on something so ridiculous :roll:
Last edited by Stradageek on 24 Nov 2021, 8:21am, edited 1 time in total.
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Stradageek wrote: 23 Nov 2021, 3:32pm But more seriously, what does it say about our society that so many people are prepared to waste a not insignificant quantity of money on something so ridiculous :roll:
Just noticed as I cycled up the path beside the main town bypass that the DOE has been replacing the road lighting but with new poles and all ??? Why when the original poles are metal and perfectly serviceable. Now that's a waste.
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

Stradageek wrote: 23 Nov 2021, 3:32pm .....
But more seriously, what does it say about our society that so many people are prepared to waste a not insignificant quantity of money on something so ridiculous :roll:
My 1st thought on the matter. We have record numbers needing food banks, cutting our help to those in desperate need, etc. and a few have so much to spare they feel a personalised number plate is a "good use"

Ian
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Stradageek wrote: 23 Nov 2021, 3:32pm Anything with CEO in the number as it speaks of someone with a serious inferiority complex :lol:

This allies to my well established hypothesis that the size of the car is directly proportional to the magnitude of the drivers inferiority complex and indirectly proportional to size of the drivers d***.

Surely inversely proportional...

Some of us have large cars to fit things like wheelchairs in them. I'd quite happily have a smaller car and do away with the wheelchair if I could.
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
ANTONISH

Post by ANTONISH »

Stradageek wrote: 23 Nov 2021, 3:32pm
This allies to my well established hypothesis that the size of the car is directly proportional to the magnitude of the drivers inferiority complex and indirectly proportional to size of the drivers d***.

Are you sure it's a well established hypothesis?
cycle tramp

Post by cycle tramp »

Two years ago I spotted a black lowered vw caddy van with the reg plate F18 KU*. I was kinda surprised about that given that the spacing on the plate had been changed, by the owner. I checked out the government website and found to my surprised that it was issued legitimately.
Sometime later I same the same van with a different plate. I suspect that the police had received complaints.

(* 1 of course being A and 8 being H in the simplist of codes, possibly a reference to some guy with skewed political beliefs in historic Germany)
Motorhead: god was never on your sidehttps://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&client=m ... +your+side
philvantwo

Post by philvantwo »

20180904_083930.jpg
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

cycle tramp

Post by cycle tramp »

Stradageek wrote: 23 Nov 2021, 3:32pm
Yeah, but on the plus side these reg numbers are much easier to remember, should you wish to report them, than the usual random generated numbers and it raises some revenue for the government without them having to put too much effort or take too much risk.
Motorhead: god was never on your sidehttps://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&client=m ... +your+side
kylecycler

Post by kylecycler »

Not the worst, one of the best, if you like that sort of thing (I don't) - L1 NOR used to live in Ayr (haven't seen it (her) for a while, though). I always thought the number plate was probably worth more than the car (a Vauxhall Corsa, IIRC).
simonineaston

Post by simonineaston »

Back in the '80s, a bloke wanged past me in a Porsche (one of them ones with the ostentatious whale-tails, natch) with the plate that read I SELL
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)