Worst personalized number plate

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
kylecycler

Re: Worst personalized number plate

Post by kylecycler »

Bonefishblues wrote: 23 Nov 2021, 6:49pm On Vol.3 on Pistonheads :)

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/top ... 178&i=5960
Maybe I'm just thick, but so many of these are so tenuous and need so much explaining/figuring out (and in a fair few cases I can't) that they're pointless - it's like a joke not being funny if it has to be explained.

Mind you, this one* from Pistonheads put me in mind of this video outlining the carnage wreaked by a drunk driver... :wink:

(WARNING: the second link contains profuse swearing so don't click on it if that offends you, although it's genuinely funny.)

*Edit - on second thoughts, it could be that MF is just the owner's initials. :?
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Friend of ours has a car reg number COV 1C

The original car from 1963 and has been in the family since then on a few different cars.
It therefore means that if COV 1C exists, it must mean that COV 1D exists too .............. but if you search, it is no longer extant.

Pity.

COV 1C
Screen Shot 2021-11-23 at 21.01.10.png
COV 1D
Screen Shot 2021-11-23 at 21.04.59.png
Check out this site.
https://vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/?locale=en
Mick F. Cornwall
axel_knutt

Post by axel_knutt »

“I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

kylecycler wrote: 23 Nov 2021, 8:57pm
Bonefishblues wrote: 23 Nov 2021, 6:49pm On Vol.3 on Pistonheads :)

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/top ... 178&i=5960
Maybe I'm just thick, but so many of these are so tenuous and need so much explaining/figuring out (and in a fair few cases I can't) that they're pointless - it's like a joke not being funny if it has to be explained.

Mind you, this one* from Pistonheads put me in mind of this video outlining the carnage wreaked by a drunk driver... :wink:

(WARNING: the second link contains profuse swearing so don't click on it if that offends you, although it's genuinely funny.)

*Edit - on second thoughts, it could be that MF is just the owner's initials. :?
Agreed, I don't 'get' them at all, never mind the stupidity of many of those.
PT1029

Post by PT1029 »

Seen parked outside a house in rural Sussex, possibly Surrey, many years ago, a German registered Porche 1 EX WIFE

More recently parked on a drive in north Oxford, a BMW with SOV13T , the value of the car and residence were not very prolitarian I have to say.

In the early days of private delivery companies (think 1980's), a big Merc with TNT 1S and in smaller letters along the bottom "Haulier of the year"
He parked outside the pub where were were having lunch. As the driver walked past us to go into the pub, Steve said to him, add a couple of apostrophies and it's the ultimate company car T'N'T '1S (!)
DaveReading

Post by DaveReading »

Mick F wrote: 23 Nov 2021, 9:06pmIt therefore means that if COV 1C exists, it must mean that COV 1D exists too .............. but if you search, it is no longer extant.
No - the way the old system worked, if COV 1C existed, then almost certainly COV 1D never did.

Possibly DOV 1D, or EOV 1D.
Stradageek

Post by Stradageek »

[XAP]Bob wrote: 23 Nov 2021, 5:19pm
Stradageek wrote: 23 Nov 2021, 3:32pm Anything with CEO in the number as it speaks of someone with a serious inferiority complex :lol:

This allies to my well established hypothesis that the size of the car is directly proportional to the magnitude of the drivers inferiority complex and indirectly proportional to size of the drivers d***.

But more seriously, what does it say about our society that so many people are prepared to waste a not insignificant quantity of money on something so ridiculous :roll:
Surely inversely proportional...

Some of us have large cars to fit things like wheelchairs in them. I'd quite happily have a smaller car and do away with the wheelchair if I could.
Inversely indeed, I try hard but sometimes my dyslexia gets the better of me :( and apologies to wheelchair users.

However I'm not sure that the arrival of my nieces second child really necessitates a Range Rover "to fit everything in" :roll:
Audax67

Post by Audax67 »

Saw EYES4U in SF untold years ago. In CA you can have anything you like as long as it's unique.
Have we got time for another cuppa?
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

DaveReading wrote: 23 Nov 2021, 11:08pm
Mick F wrote: 23 Nov 2021, 9:06pmIt therefore means that if COV 1C exists, it must mean that COV 1D exists too .............. but if you search, it is no longer extant.
No - the way the old system worked, if COV 1C existed, then almost certainly COV 1D never did.

OV was Birmingham Borough.

They would have sold lots of cars, so during 1965/6 they would have gone from AOV to as far as they could before the D reg numbers came out in the September of 1966. Who knows how far?

Therefore after YOV, they would have started at AOV again so COV 1D could have existed.
Mick F. Cornwall
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

Point of information, the D suffix on reg plates didn't "come out" in September 1966
DaveReading

Post by DaveReading »

Mick F wrote: 24 Nov 2021, 9:05am
DaveReading wrote: 23 Nov 2021, 11:08pm

OV was Birmingham Borough.

They would have sold lots of cars, so during 1965/6 they would have gone from AOV to as far as they could before the D reg numbers came out in the September of 1966. Who knows how far?

Therefore after YOV, they would have started at AOV again so COV 1D could have existed.
Afraid not.

Your argument sounds logical, but ignores the fact that OV was only one of more than a dozen registration letters used by Birmingham at that time (OA to OX, in fact).

In fact it took several years for "COV" to come round again - after the C suffix on 1965 cars, the next time it was used was with the K suffix.

So no COV 1D, alas.
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

My dad bought an Austin Sheerline (4 door saloon) back in the 60's ( it was vintage then too ) the number plate was OZ 666. I wonder what that would be worth today? ( long gone to scrap I'd say )
I am here. Where are you?
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Just dug out my old AA book.
1972/73. :D

Back in the old days, me and Mrs Mick F would tick off the reg numbers we saw whilst going up and down this fair country of ours, and the list is almost full. Missing are a few Irish ones, and a couple from the SE of England.

You are correct regarding Birmingham Borough.

O and OA through to OC

Then OE to OH

Then OJ to ON

OP, OV and OX

So it was lucky to get COV 1C, but it could well have been COV 1D instead! :lol:
Mick F. Cornwall
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

Cowsham wrote: 24 Nov 2021, 9:57am My dad bought an Austin Sheerline (4 door saloon) back in the 60's ( it was vintage then too ) the number plate was OZ 666. I wonder what that would be worth today? ( long gone to scrap I'd say )
Screenshot 2021-11-24 at 10.00.01.png
https://www.nationalnumbers.co.uk/searc ... key=oz+666

Jonathan

PS: I don't know that they've actually got it! : - )
Wilhelmus

Post by Wilhelmus »

Last edited by Wilhelmus on 25 Nov 2021, 1:03pm, edited 1 time in total.