FOUND: Camera on A30(Penzance>Truro) Sun 17th Aug 2008.

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
BlueMeldon

FOUND: Camera on A30(Penzance>Truro) Sun 17th Aug 2008.

Post by BlueMeldon »

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Found by roadside in a zippered case:
If you think it's yours, tell me the make of camera and whats on the case and we can arrange it's return.
Its seen some damage, switches on and off but thats about all - but the memory card has readable photo's.
I'm sure its important to someone...

Shaun

LOST and FOUND: Camera in the air

Post by patricktaylor »

Recently one of my sons lost his brand new camera and iPod on the plane en-route to Bangkok, Thailand (airline: Oman Air). When they touched down to re-fuel at Muskat the camera and iPod were gone.

Five weeks later, on the return journey, he enquired at Lost Property at Muskat Airport. Lo, they had the camera and iPod, but the office was closed until morning so Oman Air said they would send the items on to Gatwick.

We live in the North of England so when my son arrived back at Gatwick he asked Oman Air if they could send the items to his home address (when they were received at Gatwick). They agreed. Today, the camera (and iPod) are on their way here via TNT, no charge.

Well done, Oman Air!
ferrit worrier

Re: LOST and FOUND: Camera in the air

Post by ferrit worrier »

patricktaylor wrote:Recently one of my sons lost his brand new camera and iPod on the plane en-route to Bangkok, Thailand (airline: Oman Air). When they touched down to re-fuel at Muskat the camera and iPod were gone.

Five weeks later, on the return journey, he enquired at Lost Property at Muskat Airport. Lo, they had the camera and iPod, but the office was closed until morning so Oman Air said they would send the items on to Gatwick.

We live in the North of England so when my son arrived back at Gatwick he asked Oman Air if they could send the items to his home address (when they were received at Gatwick). They agreed. Today, the camera (and iPod) are on their way here via TNT, no charge.

Well done, Oman Air!

definatly restors ones faith in human nature, glad he got his things back :)
Percussive maintainance, if it don't fit, hit it with the hammer.
patricktaylor

Re: LOST and FOUND: Camera in the air

Post by patricktaylor »

ferrit worrier wrote:... definatly restors ones faith in human nature, glad he got his things back :)

Yes it does, and thanks. These days, 'Lost Property' departments seem to represent a bygone age but, amazingly, Muskat airport's is alive and well (so is Shaun's roadside version).
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

I've lost my wallet twice while cycling :oops: and it was returned to me complete both times. Once in Cleckheaton, once in Norfolk.
BlueMeldon

Re: FOUND: Camera on A30(Penzance>Truro) Sun 17th Aug 2008.

Post by BlueMeldon »

Well, I did try but no-one seems interested - I only just remembered about this when I saw the camera in my bike toolbox.
I'll post an ad in CW and C+ when I get a moment - an email to the local Constabulary didn't even generate a response or a follow-up.
It is good to see that there are some people out there who get re-united with their property.
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

Slightly OT, but it works for me......

Go into any word processor and print out an "information sheet", use limited information that does not identify your home address in case you are away from home) ....I use name, mobile and internet address. Then print out and photograph.

Alternatively do the same thing with a graphics package and save as a "*.jpg file"

Now transfer this to the camera card and protect so that it will not be deleted.

This means that each card has sufficient information to contact you if the camera is found.
fausto copy

Post by fausto copy »

Don't suppose it was mine that I mentioned I lost alongside the Neath canal a couple of months ago :?:

You never know, it could have landed in the canal, floated out to sea, drifted around to the southwest coast, got washed up onto the cornish beaches on high tide and then blown north a bit with all the gales we've been having lately. :)

My parents actually treated me to a new one to celebrate my retirement but as previously discussed, it was the loss of the photos that upset me most, as they were action shots of me and a mate cycling alongside the Swansea and Neath canals and it's a trip I've no idea when we'll be able to repeat.

Well done for going to the trouble to report it though. Hopefullt it'll be reunited with a happy owner.