Idiot driver in plymouth

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
meic

Post by meic »

Yes at the end of the civil case, one of you will have a fairly large bill.
The question is which one. Although there is a modern fashion of having to go to mediation where both will have to pay. Justice :?:
Yma o Hyd
bikely-challenged

Post by bikely-challenged »

professorlandslide wrote:He was stupid enough to assault me quite close to his house... I've seen the car parked outside. Interestingly there are now big security gates where there weren't any before, i don't know if he's expecting revenge attacks from marauding cyclists, probably been reading about what a bunch of maniacs we all are in the daily mail...

Blimey. Not only a Psycho, but Paranoid!

I hope he's lying awake at night, thinking about potatoes up his exhaust and dog poo on his door handles :twisted:
-----------------------------------------------------------
DISCLAIMER: The above constitutes my personal opinion only on any given subject. Other opinions are available.
kwackers

Post by kwackers »

bikely-challenged wrote:Blimey. Not only a Psycho, but Paranoid!

I hope he's lying awake at night, thinking about potatoes up his exhaust and dog poo on his door handles :twisted:

:lol: The good old potato up the exhaust...

How do you know about that? :wink:

Paintball gun with nitro-morse filled paintballs, that'd be sweet.
professorlandslide

Post by professorlandslide »

kwackers wrote:

Now thats an idea, i was wondering if you put paint stripper in a super soaker would it melt the plastic..? :twisted:
kwackers

Post by kwackers »

professorlandslide wrote:Now thats an idea, i was wondering if you put paint stripper in a super soaker would it melt the plastic..? :twisted:

It melts car grills (don't ask how I know).
askeans

Post by askeans »

Remind me not to upset you lot!
EMD_Nic

Post by EMD_Nic »

Stupid driver in Plymouth....you know you arn't really narrowing down the field there. :roll:
jan19

Post by jan19 »

A very good friend of mine lived in Plymouth in the 90's.

Without doubt, they were the worst drivers I've ever encountered - and I'm a Londoner born and bred.

Don't see how any cyclist stands a chance :(

Jan
EMD_Nic

Post by EMD_Nic »

jan19 wrote:A very good friend of mine lived in Plymouth in the 90's.

Without doubt, they were the worst drivers I've ever encountered - and I'm a Londoner born and bred.

Don't see how any cyclist stands a chance :(

Jan

which is why on friday I will be getting the bus down there and not the train with my bike. Thankfully I don't have to go too far to get from the bus station to the University
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

I don't ride into Plymouth very often, but I do from time to time.

Honestly, I've never had a problem!
Note: I don't use cycle paths/tracks, but use the main roads and big roundabouts. Behave like a car.
Mick F. Cornwall
GeoffL

Post by GeoffL »

I agree with Mick. IME Plymouth drivers are a courteous lot - and they've got better since I stopped riding in the gutter. The OP's miscreant is just a thug and hardly typical of Plymothians.

Geoff
professorlandslide

Post by professorlandslide »

Actually generally, i'd agree that its mostly ok. I ride 10 miles a day in plymouth and have only had that one major incident, i've been pulled out on quite a lot, hassled by bus drivers and glared at by taxi drivers, and parking in the bike lane seems to be standard procedure. But in general, well, i ain't dead yet... ;D

My general riding style varies to suit circumstances. I don't generally jump reds, i use the bike lane if its the fastest and don't if it isn't, take the lane when i want to and stay out of the way if its easier or safer.

Having said that, this will be varied since the 'incident' as stopping just appears to mean that they can catch you, and no-one seems interested in enforcing the law...
Tom Richardson

Re: Idiot driver in plymouth

Post by Tom Richardson »

professorlandslide wrote: thought it was okay to chase me down and try and run me off the road.

I had some involvement with a motor insurance broker through work recently. They had found that whiplash and minor injury claims had become a real problem with people claiming and getting multy thousand pound insurance payouts for supposed injuries suffered in very minor collisions - one example where an stationary car in a supermarket car park had been hit by another one reversing out of a parking space. The occupant of the stationary car got a chunky payout for injuries sustained.

It would be completely wrong, of course, for anyone to construct a multi thousand pound personal injury claim against a motorists who had run them off the road and it could never compensate for the circumstances. Just a thought.
stoobs

Post by stoobs »

professorlandslide wrote:
kwackers wrote:

Now thats an idea, i was wondering if you put paint stripper in a super soaker would it melt the plastic..? :twisted:

Could I suggest a D-lock "securing" his gate, then start the Nitro-Mors volleys?

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: