Cycling Pics

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
Audax67

Re: Cycling Pics

Post by Audax67 »

A couple from our 600 km earlier this month:

Moving off after night (4 hours) on army base:

Breakfast in sight

André takes 5
Have we got time for another cuppa?
AndyBSG

Post by AndyBSG »

Is he taking 5 or has he just been knocked out by that noxious green liquid in the pint glass!
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

I find drinking Fairy Liquid always has that effect on me too :mrgreen:
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
LollyKat

Post by LollyKat »

reohn2 wrote:I find drinking Fairy Liquid always has that effect on me too :mrgreen:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
JamesE

Post by JamesE »

Dunwich Dynamo start:

middle:

and end:

NUKe

Post by NUKe »

AndyBSG wrote:Is he taking 5 or has he just been knocked out by that noxious green liquid in the pint glass!

Reminded me of the Billy connolly Joke of the Two Glaswegians in Rome ... Asking what the Pope drinks. .. I believe he's partial to a small tipple of Creme deMenth sir... Aye we'll ave 2 pints of that then.... and so the story continues
NUKe

Post by Si »

At the other end of the spectrum to the above shots, but having just as much fun and getting just as much out of cycling, I give you a pic of the North Birmingham 'Easy Riders Cycle Club'. A club just formed, composed of virtually all new riders or returners to cycling after many years off. Last year many of them did bikeability training and then started with led rides of a couple of miles on a flat cycle path around a scenic lake, now, a year on, they are doing 20 mile rides out into the country side using the road network. OK, 20 might not sound much to you all, but to a new rider it is an unbelievable distance, and one that many of these riders thought that they'd never achieve, now they do it with ease.

Audax67

Post by Audax67 »

reohn2 wrote:I find drinking Fairy Liquid always has that effect on me too :mrgreen:

:lol:

Alas, it's just peppermint. But it's a nice idea for the next time...
Have we got time for another cuppa?
JamesE

Post by JamesE »

Audax67 wrote:Alas, it's just peppermint. But it's a nice idea for the next time...

I wondered if it was the other kind of Green Fairy. A bidon full of that'd make for a fun afternoon's ride :D
Vantage

Post by Vantage »

Si wrote:OK, 20 might not sound much to you all, but to a new rider it is an unbelievable distance, and one that many of these riders thought that they'd never achieve, now they do it with ease.

My first ride after returning to cycling a year and a half ago was 6 miles and the bike was literally propping me up when I got back to my front door.
Any journey done on a bike, whether it's a mile or a hundred miles is still cycling.
I posted on facebook that I managed 48 miles today (longest I've done in quite a while) and family and friends congratulated me. If I'd driven that distance and posted it, well.
:D
Bill

“Ride as much or as little, or as long or as short as you feel. But ride.” ~ Eddy Merckx
It's a rich man whos children run to him when his pockets are empty.
bev55

Post by bev55 »

On the prom in Poole before the tourists came to sunny Dorset..... :?
Attachments
14sm.jpg
Small wheels rule :lol:
paulcuthbert

Post by paulcuthbert »

*BUMP*

Let's see some more pics... :D
Pain is temporary. Quitting is forever
paulcuthbert

Post by paulcuthbert »

Here's a few from a lovely evening ride in Scotland last week:

View over Paisley & Glasgow from Gleniffer Braes

Barcraigs Resevoir, Renfrewshire

Ben Lomond

Looking south over Ayrshire and towards Ireland

Pain is temporary. Quitting is forever
hercule

Post by hercule »

Where was your view of Ben Lomond taken from? I started my cycling days in north Glasgow and was frequently rode out to the Trossachs, occasionally strayed south into Renfrewshire and Ayrshire. Your photos take me back... I bet the roads of 30 years ago were a lot quieter than you have to contend with, though there's nary a car to be seen in your pictures!
Tizme

Post by Tizme »

A few weeks ago, in preparation for the Lionheart Sportive (100km route) with my son, his first sportive, I went around the route. I was just thinking, after about 30 miles, why hadn't I brought the camera I had bought from Aldi for £20 the week previously, specifically for rides, as it was such a lovely day and the views were quite stunning, when I looked up. Sat on a telegraph pole, staring down at me was a Buzzard. After looking down quite regally as I approached, it slowly flew off to find a new perch, away from the disturbance (me). NEXT time I'll remember the camera!

I do have a camera on my phone, but by the time I've managed to get it out, set it to camera etc, etc, the subject matter has disappeared! The camera, by the way, is excellent value for the money, just needed a memory card (already in my drawer, redundant from something else). I think they were on sale quite some time ago and our local Aldi hadn't been able to get rid of it. I hope that has not gone too OT. Hopefully my next post will be with pics!