Idiot Driver day?

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
sirmy

Re: Idiot Driver day?

Post by sirmy »

Isn't every day idiot driver day? :?
rbrian

Post by rbrian »

sirmy wrote:Isn't every day idiot driver day? :?

Not every day - just those that end in Y.
Cynic? No, an optimist tempered by experience.
Langley

Post by Langley »

At what point do you report a driver for endangering your life with regards to the above incidents?

Do you ever get concerned if you report these incidents that you will get a bad name?

Numpty today but me up a treat going to play golf, spoke to him and he said he did nothing wrong, i totally disagree so rang the police. Doubt anything will be done so is it then acceptable to have a real go at the drivers or should we walk away?
TwoPlusTen

Post by TwoPlusTen »

That's a good question. In fact, several good questions.

If you reported every driver that came too close for comfort, then you'd never get any work done because you'd spend all your time on the phone to the police - who would probably put every single report you made in the bin after about the fourth, on the basis that you're crying wolf and they have other forms to fill out (sorry, policing priorities).

Personally I'd reserve it for the most serious incidents. As Cunobelin said, an old cigarette packet wrapped up in gaffer tape could make some drivers think twice...

I guess it all depends on what you're comfortable with. There's many drivers who pass too close for comfort but don't actually immediately endanger your life. I hold some to a higher professional standard as they've made the mistake of marking their vehicles in such a way as to give the impression of them being "professional drivers" - which they very often aren't.
Langley

Post by Langley »

i am aware i have reported a number of drivers so i do not expect much back but i have been wrong before. Perhaps i expect too much for all driver to be considerate, some are and some not.

Had thought i should take a photo of the car and worry the driver and leave it at that.

Really need to make my choice of reporting cretins until it is a serious incident, not that i would ever want to be in one.

I could use a spare lock to put round their wheel.........?
TwoPlusTen

Post by TwoPlusTen »

Langley wrote:I could use a spare lock to put round their wheel.........?

I have toyed with the idea of using something like a handlebar-mounted dart/harpoon-type gun... :twisted:
rower40

Post by rower40 »

I'm going to dig out my helmet-cam, find out how to work it, attach it to my helmet, and then start keeping records.

Partly for those really close overtakes, drivers on phones, RLJing cyclists.

Mostly for those overtakes that are so close that I wake up in hospital, or not at all. Then at least my next-of-kin will have some record of what happened.
"Little Green Men Are Everywhere... ...But Mostly On Traffic Lights."