Help for campsites Rosyth-Inverness

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
John

Help for campsites Rosyth-Inverness

Post by John »

I am going to cycle in Scotland for 7 days. I arrive in Rosyth by ferry from Belgium. I am lookin for nice cycle friendly campsites on the ctc route to Inverness. Who can help?
fifer

Re:Help for campsites Rosyth-Inverness

Post by fifer »

If you are passing near Blair Atholl, the campsite at Blair Castle is beautifully situated and has good facilities for cyclists and campers; not cheap, however!Tempting opportunities for pub meals in the village 5 minutes walk away.
a.rob.

Post by a.rob. »

Inver Mill 1k west of Dunkeld is an excellent site. Local forest walk to the Hermitage,2k,is a perfect antidote to a day on the bike! Chip shop in Dunkeld provides good grub for hungry cyclists.You may find some wild"sauvage"sites on the Insh road east of Newtonmore Kingussie. Good luck with your trip, a.rob.
mike6

Post by mike6 »

There are numerous camp sites between Rosyth and Inverness, but I cannot find a website that lists them. I suggest you send an email to the Scottish tourist organisation requesting information on tent sites in Fife,Perthshire and the Highlands. I would hope they could help you. Do check the prices, as some of these sites call themselves holiday parks and will have facilities which you will not require, and may be quite expensive.
The address is info@visitscotland.com

Good Luck!