What constitutes a reportable RTA?

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
[XAP]Bob

Re: What constitutes a reportable RTA?

Postby [XAP]Bob » 8 Jun 2011, 12:22pm

OK - Wheel trued thanks to the good folks at lutterworth cycle centre.

The rim is somewhat twisted though - so it hasn't trued completely. I shall add a new rim an rebuild to the claim (when they ask me what the value is)
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.

[XAP]Bob

Postby [XAP]Bob » 22 Aug 2011, 9:48pm

Well - I've had a "without prejudice" offer, and have submitted quotes and have an initial cheque heading my way.

Cost of parts (including the cost to true the wheel initially and a complete new wheel), £75 for "inconvenience and injury".

I'm getting a labour estimate from my lbs, and I'll get that as a second cheque.

Update - Cheque has arrived ;)
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.

[XAP]Bob

Postby [XAP]Bob » 23 May 2012, 9:35am

[XAP]Bob wrote:OK - Wheel trued thanks to the good folks at lutterworth cycle centre.

The rim is somewhat twisted though - so it hasn't trued completely. I shall add a new rim an rebuild to the claim (when they ask me what the value is)

Well - Yesterday I noticed that the wheel was running slightly out of true. Got home, found the offending spoke, tried to tension it...

Nothing happened. The spoke had snapped just at the base of the thread, so still inside the nipple.

As I have two spare wheels in the loft (the shiny one and the one which I took off when I got the SON hub) I switched the wheel over with the mucky one.

So a new 182mm spoke is needed - I might have one in my man tin.

Of course the fine people at the lbs said it would never straighten properly - I just didn't expect it to take a year to fail!

meic

Postby meic » 23 May 2012, 1:37pm

This is the only place I know where they are affordable, though it is plain gauge only (at that price).

http://www.billys.co.uk/english/group.p ... skha-bmxss
Yma o Hyd

[XAP]Bob

Postby [XAP]Bob » 24 May 2012, 8:10pm

It can wait until I a) need more things or b) go to a shop that will cut and roll it...