Snow report

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
phil parker

Re: Snow report

Post by phil parker »

geocycle wrote:Lake District hills white over.

I wish I was in the Lake District! I used to go every year in winter, but circumstances....

No Snow here on the Hants/Wilts border, but it is still registering minus 7 outside my house, I don't know how low it got last night?
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

We woke up to find a thin dusting.

It's been minus lots here for a few days - down to -8 yesterday - but this morning it's PLUS 3deg. Snow going quickly.
Mick F. Cornwall
jan19

Post by jan19 »

We're forecast it tonight. So I've been out this morning and done all necessary shopping, and am looking forward to a lovely walk in the snow tomorrow.

Jan :D
karlt

Post by karlt »

I don't quite get the excitement. It's due to snow on a Saturday night and then warm up on a Sunday morning. So there'll be some snow early on a Sunday morning. Big whoopy-doo.
Ellieb

Post by Ellieb »

I take it you are no longer in contact with your inner child? :)
eileithyia

Post by eileithyia »

Only -2.5 here, with some snow, though I suspect the windchill is quite a bit lower. Chorley and Leyland have freezing rain coming down with black iced pavements.... lethal!
Oh and just seen 2 MTBers in shorts... one of them with bright red knees and he looked absolutely perished! :roll:
I stand and rejoice everytime I see a woman ride by on a wheel the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood. HG Wells
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

eileithyia wrote:....Oh and just seen 2 MTBers in shorts... one of them with bright red knees and he looked absolutely perished! :roll:

It does seem to be a failing by MTBer's,haven't they heard of Easter Knee syndrome :?
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Plus 5deg out there now - 17:15. Drizzle and damp.
Mick F. Cornwall
notlobgp14

Post by notlobgp14 »

eileithyia wrote: Chorley and Leyland have freezing rain coming down with black iced pavements.... lethal!
:roll:

I have never seen weather conditions like this. Raining onto freezing ground and cars. Pavements and vehicles covered in a thin layer of ice. :o
snibgo

Post by snibgo »

SW Cambs has been below freezing for a few days but with no moisture so we are free of ice. Snow is forecast but if it stays below zero, no problem. I fear we will get the usual snow->thaw->freeze->ice.
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

It started snowing here in the early afternoon, exactly as forecast. It's been snowing ever since but it is very fine - not big flakes. Little wind, so no drifting. There's possibly a couple of inches of settled snow.
karlt

Post by karlt »

Ellieb wrote:I take it you are no longer in contact with your inner child? :)

Totally. Which is why snow that's here today and gone tomorrow is a letdown.
PW

Post by PW »

I lost interest when the council wrecked the sledge run on Tapton Park by building a huge banked earthwork maze on it as a "Percent for Art" scheme. The locals still call it Tapton Tip.
Never mind, the Imperial Russian Stout at the beer festival was good this afternoon. :wink: :oops:
If at first you don't succeed - cheat!!
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

PW wrote: ................ Never mind, the Imperial Russian Stout at the beer festival was good this afternoon. :wink: :oops:

Traitor :shock:
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
gaz

Post by gaz »

Snow has just started to fall. Nothing settling yet, forecast is 2-4 inches overnight.
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade