Night rides...

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
tykeboy2003

Re: Night rides...

Postby tykeboy2003 » 16 Mar 2012, 10:03am

My fear ?? is a busload of tipsey women on a hen party.

I think you meant "fantasy" not fear.....

Steve Kish

Postby Steve Kish » 16 Mar 2012, 3:54pm

fossil wrote:@ Steve , I was thinking of a dusk till dawn ride this year , I've done a FNRTC which by sheer coincidence ended in Bognor , which was nice :lol:

do you have any routes ?

I tend to go from my place near Heathrow in a nice big loop through Hampshire. I'm not really fussed where I go but I try and arrive from the west back in time to see dawn over Windsor Castle.

I've done about 4 or 5 FNRttS rides with YACF but as Roger never seems to vary the route, I don't bother any more ... plus I'm usually told off for having too bright lights .... :?

That having been said, if anyone organises any night rides not too far from here, I'd try and come, possibly with a friend who has just discovered these.
Old enough to know better but too young to care.

cjchambers

Postby cjchambers » 16 Mar 2012, 6:07pm

[XAP]Bob wrote:I could always see the stars, but at times struggled to see the side of the road next to me

Amazing, isn't it? I noticed this for the first time just a few weeks ago. Just goes to show how shallow fog banks can be. My pilot housemate was saying how frustrating it is waiting around for hours and hours on the ground due to fog, and yet 10s after takeoff they're in blazing sunshine!