West Yorkshire Cycle Route

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
Richard Fairhurst

Re: West Yorkshire Cycle Route

Post by Richard Fairhurst »

Sustrans have just published a new West Yorkshire map which highlights the whole of this route (as well as several others in the area). Usual excellent Stirling Surveys cartography and worth buying.
cycle.travel - maps, journey-planner, route guides and city guides
timmitchell

Post by timmitchell »

Kirklees Council will send you a full map for an SAE...not sure who you send it to though. Knowing the route from Hebden Bridge to Bretton, I'd go clockwise. Good place to stay? Not sure. Hebden Bridge has plenty of tea shops.
tobiasthecat

Post by tobiasthecat »

Hi
I'm new to the area, live in Shafton and have stumbled onto the west yorkshire cycleway. A lot of the signs are missing but have managed to work out the section between Hemsworth and West Bretton. Does anyone know where I can get a map from?
gaz

Post by gaz »

Welcome to the forum.

Listed on cycle.travel, I can't vouch for the accuracy (no reason to doubt it either).

If paper is more your thing then the Visit Leeds website guides you to ask at West Yorkshire tourist information centres.
timmitchell

Post by timmitchell »

Looks accurate Breton to Hebden which is the part I am familiar with.
tobiasthecat

Post by tobiasthecat »

Guys so sorry, didn't realise anyone had replied, Had an operation last year so back on the bike now and back to this route. Now got Hemsworth to Upper Denby, will check out the links you sent, cheers

Checked out link Gaz, that's perfect, thank you so much!! :D
colin54

Post by colin54 »

Tobias, If you need a paper copy of the map let me know, I have one to spare. It has Ordnance Survey map strips within it's folds with the route highlighted. It also has some text and photographs, printed on laminated paper, with elevation information! They made a cracking job of it. I think I got this one from a bike shop counter in Leeds.
P1120883.JPG

P1120885.JPG
Nu-Fogey