Assault.

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
[XAP]Bob

Assault.

Post by [XAP]Bob »

And the police think they have enough for a dangerous driving charge as well.

Hopeful for result.

I'm a bit woozy, will have a thumping headache later, but am basically OK

(More details later, got to look after MiniBob and MicroBob now)
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
gaz

Re: Assault.

Post by gaz »

Sorry to hear your news.

Hope the police do their job well.
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Sad to hear, and hopefully you're ok.

Were there any independent witnesses?

I was in a fracas a while back - as a pedestrian! - and although the police were confident of a prosecution, it all fell apart because there were no independent witnesses. ie his word against mine/ours.
Mick F. Cornwall
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Member of public came forward - unsurprisingly corroborated my version of events....
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Good. Excellent.

Make sure you push it all the way. I tried with my assault, but eventually got nowhere.
Mick F. Cornwall
snibgo

Post by snibgo »

All the best, Bob.
Vantage

Post by Vantage »

Good luck Bob.
Bill

“Ride as much or as little, or as long or as short as you feel. But ride.” ~ Eddy Merckx
It's a rich man whos children run to him when his pockets are empty.
Mark1978

Assault.

Post by Mark1978 »

So Bob was driving along then got out and beat someone up? Or have I got it wrong? :)
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

Sorry to hear, Bob. I hope all is well. :(
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

I was cycling along, filtered to second in a queue at lights (to get off the roundabout).
Pulled away at decent speed, the driver behind makes a very optimistic overtaking manoeuvre but has to abort before driving into a central island.

He then chases me, repeatedly attempting to ram me, forcing me off the road, round a roundabout the wrong way etc...
eventually (after he loses a hubcaps due to his violent chase) he manages to mount the pavement (where I've taken refuge behind a signpost) and block my motion.
I'm very glad for wing mirrors, I was able to dodge fairly late each time.

He then got out and came at me with fists and feet flying.
after one punch was really landed I got up and fended off, but did not engage.

As he ran out of steam and regressed to just verbal threats I started taking his reg plate, and HE phoned the police.

When they started talking to me he was again threatening and I started leaving, at that point I saw a police car coming the other way and stopped a few tens of yards away.

Well. Another witness came forward so the police are collating the guy now...
eileithyia

Post by eileithyia »

Oh wow! sounds pretty vicious, speedy recovery andhopefully the police act appropriately.

I was discussing just this yesterday with my son, to not get involved in a road rage situation and try not toreact, we had some idiot hurl some abuse at us... also at a roundabout, I just waved politely at him... honest it was a wave... this time.
I stand and rejoice everytime I see a woman ride by on a wheel the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood. HG Wells
NUKe

Post by NUKe »

Mick F wrote:I was in a fracas a while back - as a pedestrian! - and although the police were confident of a prosecution, it all fell apart because there were no independent witnesses. ie his word against mine/ours.

YOu got off then Mick ?Did you have ti intimidate the witnessses as well / I don't these ex sailors trouble where every they go

:D :D
Sorry

Glad to here your alright bob
NUKe

Post by reohn2 »

Bob
Sorry to hear of this sad event,having experienced three similar "encounters" without wittnesses,I hope you get a conviction.
Take it all the way and don't be deterred,people who are prepared to do this kind thing to others will,at some point,kill or seriously injure someone.
Good luck with it all and keep us posted.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Audax67

Post by Audax67 »

Glad you came out of it optimistic, Bob.

Imagine the same scene in a land flowing with Freedom, Demackracy and firearms. We'd need a subforum devoted to Best Assault Rifle for Commuting/General Touring.
Have we got time for another cuppa?
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Audax67 wrote:Glad you came out of it optimistic, Bob.

Imagine the same scene in a land flowing with Freedom, Demackracy and firearms. We'd need a subforum devoted to Best Assault Rifle for Commuting/General Touring.

Yes - If I lived in the land of the armed^H^H^H^H^H free I'd get a concealed license. That would rather surprise drivers - suddenly having flat tyres.