Cycling from Seville Airport to Centre - any experiences

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
tomjw

Re:Cycling from Seville Airport to Centre - any experiences

Post by tomjw »

Gareth
I bought a book by Alison Raju "Via de La Plata" (Cicerone) - excellent. I also downloaded colour maps from MundiCamino.com and manipulated them in Word so that they fit in my Map Holder - I still have them and could mail them if you wanted. They were very useful and show the profile (i.e altitude of particular sections. I also photocopied the relevant sections from the appropriate Michelin maps. I had a Credencial and got it stamped but I didn't actually use it except to get the Compostella. I was staying in Hostales because I don't sleep very well and sometimes read in the middle of the night. I reckon 90% is off road, some of it being nice tracks - hard packed clay and some very rocky/gravelly and quite hard on the wrists. I only have a medium priced mountain bike but I was really impressed by how tough it is - It took quite a hammering and carried quite a lot of weight - l and I needed every one of the 27 gears. One item I am glad I took was a rucksack with a water supply - I went through 2-3 litres a day - I honestly don't know if I would have managed without it -especially the first few days.
Also I bought fairly cheap Altura luggage and gear and found it really good. I didn't get any free meals but I think I was given a very good deal on meals. I am thinking of my next trip now - Scotland and/or Western isles maybe. Cheers Tom
gar

Re:Cycling from Seville Airport to Centre - any experiences

Post by gar »

Thanx Tom that is very interesting.
I am using a hand cranked trike but I have used it off road quite a lot. the only real trouble I get is reall damp slippery conditions when the front wheel
just spins, and I can't get off because I have a broken leg.

I would take much longer to do it than you
and be happy with that particular lot..
All pipe dreams for the moment.

Tx g