Crumbling yellow lines

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
Lawrie9

Crumbling yellow lines

Post by Lawrie9 »

Have you noticed all the yellow lines are crumbling and there are bits of yellow line everywhere. You would think they could find something that didn't crumble. It is often when they have gone over existing yellow line. To me its just unsightly.
No jam doughnuts stored here overnight
gaz

Re: Crumbling yellow lines

Post by gaz »

Cut backs. Once they've all crumbled away there will be no markings for the locations where you can park a car with it's hazard lights on :wink: .
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
eileithyia

Post by eileithyia »

Yellow lines do not seem to be the problem here but that awful coloured stuff; red and green to demark cycle lanes, or slow down lines....
When it starts to break up it takes whole chunks of the road surface that is underneath with it......
I stand and rejoice everytime I see a woman ride by on a wheel the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood. HG Wells
Swallow

Post by Swallow »

They break up because people park on them
'Kernow bys Vyken'
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

eileithyia wrote:Yellow lines do not seem to be the problem here but that awful coloured stuff; red and green to demark cycle lanes, or slow down lines....
When it starts to break up it takes whole chunks of the road surface that is underneath with it......

Not to mention the antiskid patches that are turning into serious washboard in some areas :evil:
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden