Light at the end of the (very long) tunnel?

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
Grandad

Light at the end of the (very long) tunnel?

Postby Grandad » 10 Apr 2013, 12:10am

661-Pete

Re: Light at the end of the (very long) tunnel?

Postby 661-Pete » 10 Apr 2013, 8:48am

Yes: merely getting drivers into the habit of not overtaking a cyclist and then immediately turning left, would be a good move on its own.

I wonder how many bus companies, operating under different names, are actually part of Stagecoach, and whether they are all included in the scheme? Our local buses run under a diversity of names, but none has "stagecoach" written on the side IIRC. Perhaps I should do a bit of googling.
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).

Vantage

Postby Vantage » 10 Apr 2013, 9:33am

I'd love to see the dvla make this a licence getting requirement for any vehicle.
Bill

“Ride as much or as little, or as long or as short as you feel. But ride.” ~ Eddy Merckx
It's a rich man whos children run to him when his pockets are empty.

Mr. Viking

Postby Mr. Viking » 10 Apr 2013, 10:42am

it's good to see. I've used stagecoach a good few times, and I'd have to say their drivers are already very professional and always seem to be properly paying attention which is more than can be said for a number of road users

mrjemm

Postby mrjemm » 10 Apr 2013, 11:28am

IrishBill76 wrote:I'd love to see the dvla make this a licence getting requirement for any vehicle.

Let's make that 'keeping'... Once the test is passed, most road users* seem to actively banish all traces of sense, consideration and the rules.

* Yes, I did say that.